Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the better phone for everyday use? Web Surfing? Texting? How's battery life?

I'm still rocking my Storm and i need OUT!!!!

·
Banned
5,223 Posts
x wins on internet browsing and texting.

Internet browsing: has a bigger screen and you can type easier

Texting: Has swype so you can type easier and keys are bigger. also has a stronger connection

Same battery life

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
i would go with the X also. The UI's are a little different however. Blur vs. Sense. Both good choices nevertheless

·
I heard you were dead...
8,475 Posts
The X has a dedicated graphics chip. The Incredible does not.

The Incredible fits in your pocket and it's easier to install custom ROMs on it than it is the X.

Hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
X: Larger screen, swype, faster hardware, runs a relativly close to stock version of motoblur, very locked down.

Incredible: More compact, runs sense (good or bad, I hate it, others love it), and much easier to flash.

·
Banned
5,223 Posts
also the droid x is going to get the 2.2 update which will have full flash and the incredible is stuck with flash light at least i think thats true

·
I heard you were dead...
8,475 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by maxhudson View Post
also the droid x is going to get the 2.2 update which will have full flash and the incredible is stuck with flash light at least i think thats true
I don't remember if the Incredible getting a Froyo update or not, but it is very easy to just install Froyo on there yourself, so the Android version is pretty much moot unless you don't want to root your phone.

·
Banned
5,223 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sweffymo View Post
I don't remember if the Incredible getting a Froyo update or not, but it is very easy to just install Froyo on there yourself, so the Android version is pretty much moot unless you don't want to root your phone.
moot?

·
I heard you were dead...
8,475 Posts
Quote:

moot?

Quote:

Originally Posted by http://www.thefreedictionary.com/moot
adj.
1. Subject to debate; arguable: a moot question.
a. Law Without legal significance, through having been previously decided or settled.
b. Of no practical importance; irrelevant.
Yep. Moot. The way I used it means "irrelevant."

·
Banned
5,223 Posts
how hard is it to root?

i have an htc incredible coming in the mail

Is it like jailbreaking? because jaibreaking made my ipod really slow

excuse my ignorance XD

·
I heard you were dead...
8,475 Posts
Quote:

how hard is it to root?

i have an htc incredible coming in the mail

Is it like jailbreaking? because jaibreaking made my ipod really slow

excuse my ignorance XD
It's not too hard to root. There are a lot of different howtos and methods online for you to try.

It is somewhat similar to jailbreaking, but it won't make the phone slower unless you run a lot of apps that will slow the phone down. Also it should be faster because it doesn't involve as much hacking as jailbreaking an iOS device.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
having friends that use both phones i prefer the Incredible. i dont like the size of the X. i have the EVO which fits perfectly in my hands but the X is taller than the evo so it makes it a little weird. but it's too big for me and i have to stretch my thumb all the way just to reach the top screen and i dont like the physical buttons on the front of the X either .

·
I heard you were dead...
8,475 Posts
Quote:

have you done it yourself? and if yes what guide would you recommend?
I don't have my Incredible yet.
I helped someone at school root their's way back when the Incredible came out, but I don't remember which method we used. Sorry...
I am sure that one of the

I am planning on buying an Incredible when my family gets a family share plan though.

You may be able to ask the people in the Droid Incredible Group for help though. They are bound to know more than I do.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sweffymo View Post
Or use terribly buggy Alpha-stage ROMs. I'll wait for verizon to push it out, unless they delayed the release date again...

·
I heard you were dead...
8,475 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by quentin View Post
Or use terribly buggy Alpha-stage ROMs. I'll wait for verizon to push it out, unless they delayed the release date again...
But... I was talking about the Incredible... Are they getting 2.2 soon? Froyo runs pretty well on the Incredible.

·
I heard you were dead...
8,475 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maestrotogo View Post
Froyo is out for the incredible already....my incredible updated OTH through Verizon making a very good phone even better...I too had some hands on with the X and I just prefer my incredible over it.... I also prefer Sense UI over motoblur...
It makes sense that Froyo runs well on the Incredible then... lol...

·
I heard you were dead...
8,475 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maestrotogo View Post
Didn't see your post as I was writing mine sorry...
Well, I couldn't remember whether the Incredible got 2.2 OTA yet or not, so you actually helped me out...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts