Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey hey hey! I'm getting this card in the mail from Newegg and I wanna hit the ground running with it. I play Battlefield franchise games (2142 mainly now) and was trying to get the most out of this. It is the Sapphire version, and I read that on this one the heatsink module doesn't contact the memory like it should, so I suspect that may be the first to go.....NE ways I would greatly appreciate the tips concerning this.....Also I read the thread entitled 'Ultimate Budget Rig' or something to that nature and noticed that rig #2 had this vcard, so there is hope. Thanks for the help!!!!

·
Banned
855 Posts
Hey hey, i had a Sapphire x1300 XT 512, excelent overclocker
640 on the core stable! but yea the HS dont sit properly, i had to add thermal stickers to the RAM to close the gap but after that it was fine
, just dont expect to play BF 2142 on full settings mind, you should get about 30 - 40 FPS on medium though.

hope this helps abit.

·
Premium Member
11,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome! I appreciate the tips. I'm going to get some thermal paste (someone from Guru3d suggested) and some thermal stickers, that is if u can use both. Thanks for the tips dude. Also, did you use ATI tool to OC, Radlinker, both, or what?

·
Premium Member
11,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All right I'm on that....Should I replace the heatsink: I read in a review that it doesn't sit flush with the memory modules, so it can't conductively cool. I also read that the HIS x1300xt has a good heatsink/fan combo, so could I buy that one seperatly?

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
you might be able to find a his heatsink on ebay, i wouldnt spend too much on aftermarket cooling since you are on a budget with the card already. maybe see if you can use thermal pads first and if the temps are crazy i would think about getting aftermarket but otherwise your performance gain may or may not be worth it.

·
Starting to become a BOFH
10,471 Posts
I have the VF900, got my card from 70C idle (stock) to 35C (VF900)!!

·
Premium Member
11,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by legoman786

I have the VF900, got my card from 70C idle (stock) to 35C (VF900)!!

If I bought the VF900, would I be able to keep it and install it into my next graphics card? Being a $50 part, this is actually %50 of the entire cost of my card. It does look like a really sweet cooler, made out of copper and all.

·
Premium Member
11,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh I was also wondering if there is a temperature monitoring diode on this x1300xt or where I could fond this out. If not, would I be able to install one. Thanks!!!!

·
Premium Member
11,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay awesome dude. BTW you are the only person that has known the answer to that question. Nobody at guru3d that repsonded knew, either. So you must know ur stuff! Anyhow, thanks for the help, as I remember that you also looked up my motherboard and sent me that article on OCing. Any suggestions on a cooling fan/temp diode combo?

·
Administrator
64,325 Posts
Well i just know a few things i guess. Just here to help.

Well for a Cooling fan s i said the best would be the VF-900 or smaller the VF-700 Both from Zalman.

As for a TEMP DIODE you will need to buy a fan controller than comes with temperature monitoring as it will come with temp DIODES you can sticj to whatever you wish..Namely the G-cards heatsink for some kind of reading.

It wont be the most accurate due to the fact it wont be on the GPU core..Before you ask dont put one there as it will disrupt heatflow.

·
Premium Member
11,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All righty then! I'm going to go to my local comp shop tommorow and see if they have what I need. Hey, I was wondering, can I use thermal paste AND thermal pads at the same time? I read that the heatsink doesn't actually come into contact with the memory modules, so it doesn't conduct properly (only convection), so I'm gonna need some thermal pads/stickers or whatever. Also, htis is the 512 mb version of the X1300XT. Thanks dude!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts