Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a Sapphire x1600pro 512mb card. It runs decent, but the problem is, I cant OC it. ATITOOLS or radlinker can pick up the core or mem speeds..Just reads 0. ATITOOLS says I have 64 bit memory when the box and specs say I have 256 bit. Any ideas on how to fix this? Oh yeah, when I booted the system the Overclock on my cpu was gone also. ***? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

PS I get around 100 fps in atitool's 3d window.

Oh yeah, I am using teh Omega 2.6.87 drivers

·
Registered
866 Posts
Its not 256bit, only 128bit! And some Atitool not supported X1600 Series, try to get the latest Atitool(2.5 beta 11)...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well..upgraded to teh beta version of atitools and it works. Only problem is it idles at 51*. Is that good? What is the "cook" point on these cards?

·
Registered
584 Posts
I'm pretty sure a 256bit memory bus on an X1600 card would be architecturaly impossible.

Either way, your not gonna get much of an OC on the memory, seeing as DDR2 doesn't reach very far.

Core might be pushed a little bit, hopefully you dont have the noisy reference cooler.

·
Registered
895 Posts
The Sapphire spec page i linked to says 256bit this other card reviewed says 128bit, 256 internal ringbus http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=3092 not sure if thats a mix up, this one reviewed here http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/230/3
a reference X1600 XT 512mb 1.2ns version has a 256bit mem interface, so yea it is architecturally possible, i have been on the look out for stock of these models and there sold out everywhere the 256 bit ones are alot harder to find. They also price around $200 US so they tend to be a little pricier but make up for it in performance which is closer to the R4XX high end cores of last generation which is what newer generation midrange cards should do.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ATI tool says its 128 bit with 4 pipes. My load temps are around 50-55 degrees, and it has teh vantec arqtic 5 ( i think thats how it spelles) cooler on it, with ram coolers. The weird thing is, I only get 60 FPS avg in ATITOOL.
..the more I OC it the slower it gets. what is up with that? Iv seen people break 100 FPS on this card. why cant i? granted 50 FPS is better than the 30 or so I was getting on my x300se.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts