Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
64,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well now i know what most will say. ''Why bother''. Well i already have one and its far cheaper to by another than go silly just before the release of DX10 as such. Ive seen reviews and if i where to be honest its not all to bad. I know you dont need a master card for them as the Crossfire is done through the drivers.

Whats your take on doing such a thing..Its a cheap and cheerful CF setup that would last me till DX10 ?

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
my x1600pro does not need a master card nor do I think your xt needs it. I think its great, its a cheap upgrade that produces amazing results. I can pretty much play any game I want at what resolution I want, the only thing that holds me back is 1gb of ram.

Oh and the new Omegas are dominating the Warcats right now.

pink

·
Administrator
64,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i was about to PM you as i know you CF the X1600 series. Well with the XT'S you dont need a master card either so thats very handy. But they only cost 80 pound a card now or there abouts and its cheap an cheerful..Just wondered what other peoples take would have been.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
I can probably get higher on my 3dmark, I will try now.

pink

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
I actually for some reason could not get any better. I also kept getting interrupted like crazy.

pink

·
Premium Member
6,669 Posts
well the score i posted (4327) is mine on stock, no Ocing done to anything so hopefully i can get to 5000

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
2 X1600XTs should tear it up. Does your board support crossfire? If not, throw another ~60-70 pounds (maybe, I'm not sure of the prices) for a Xpress 3200 board.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Yes his board does support CF as it is a Xpress 3200 board lol.

And the damn 3dmark software just keeps erroring at the end now. I will get this to work! Seems the Warcat drivers though are better benchmarkers then the Omegas.

pink

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
Modified ATI drivers. Kinda like NGO or Z-Tweaked Forceware drivers.

·
Premium Member
8,616 Posts
The XT CF gives around a 90% boost in performance. Also, you talk for DX10, but the first affordable DX10 cards will be in about February. Go ahead and CF I reckon. You'll see performance similar to a 7600GT or more.

·
Administrator
64,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:

Originally Posted by NrGx

The XT CF gives around a 90% boost in performance. Also, you talk for DX10, but the first affordable DX10 cards will be in about February. Go ahead and CF I reckon. You'll see performance similar to a 7600GT or more.

Wow thats a big boost. I think at somepoint soon il get another x1600xt. Also they can be compared to an X1900XTX..ive seen the benchmarks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts