Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, firstly I took the vga cooler off to remove the crappy compound already in place, and replaced it with AS5. I plugged the card in, had difficulties getting drivers to work etc.

Well anyway, I am getting TONS of artifacts at STOCK SPEEDS in ATI tool when testing for artifacts..right now the card is idling at 56C and actually getting cooler by the hour as the as5 is somewhat kicking in, but why am I artifacting at stock speeds in only ATI tool? (didn't notice any artifacts in americas army or 3dmark05)

??

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by |talian $tallion

ATI Tool is buggy as hell with with the new ATI cards, i'm using ATI Tool 0.25 beta 13 and its working fine, try that one

still artifacting...tried beta 14 too

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by |talian $tallion

certian catalyst settings can cause artifacts in ATI tool, for example temporal anti-aliasing and i think antisotropic filtering, try disabling those

yep all of that was/is off..artifacting

·
Banned
5,844 Posts
ati tool found mad artifacts when NOTHING else did with my 7800gt try adjusting the sesetivity settings mine is at about 1/2

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this is different actually...my screen even just at the desktop keeps freaking out when anything changes...and the card, NO MATTER HOW MUCH VOLTAGE I crank into the thing, goes nuts near 510/510

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
NEVER increase voltage to a card more than .1v... put it back to stock. Pumping more voltage through the bus than was designed can severely damage your video card.

·
Banned
5,844 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Namrac

NEVER increase voltage to a card more than .1v... put it back to stock. Pumping more voltage through the bus than was designed can severely damage your video card.

your thinking of an Nvidia card. The ATI can go as high as your cooling can support... I think its just a bum card then

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Try setting the option in atitool to use the old scanning method, it worked for me.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Urufu_Shinjiro

Try setting the option in atitool to use the old scanning method, it worked for me.

yeah I just did that, but about 10 seconds into the test (I was still noticing SOME artifacts here and there) it fritzed out...tons of colors appeared on my screen causing me to reboot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts