Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is better, the stock ATi X1900XT cooling or this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/CustRa...82E16835118222
Is the Zalman Fatal1ty GPU fan a good cooler, or just a regular fan with the Fatal1ty name on it? Would I see a difference of 7 or 8 degrees or like 1 degree C? Is the $50 price tag worth it? Does anyone have a X1900XT? With or without the Zalman GPU cooler.

·
Registered
66 Posts
the zalman probably be better from my experience

·
Registered
224 Posts
no reason to go with the fatality, personally I would hate having someone elses' name on my hardware that I paid for with my money. They also charge you a premium simply for his name. you can get the regular zalman for about $30, and the best vid card cooler is the thermalright V1 ultra

·
Registered
376 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha732

no reason to go with the fatality, personally I would hate having someone elses' name on my hardware that I paid for with my money. They also charge you a premium simply for his name. you can get the regular zalman for about $30, and the best vid card cooler is the thermalright V1 ultra

If you had the opportunity to endorse a product, I bet you would take it as well. I don't see why people keep hating on that fatal1ty person. The only thing wrong with him is the fact that he writes his game handle with a 1 instead of an I -_-.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by this_barb

If you had the opportunity to endorse a product, I bet you would take it as well. I don't see why people keep hating on that fatal1ty person. The only thing wrong with him is the fact that he writes his game handle with a 1 instead of an I -_-.

Um did I say I hate him? I said I hate having his name on MY hardware and actually paying a premium for it
Other than that I don't really care who he is, he's a pretty decent gamer

·
Banned
658 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha732

Um did I say I hate him? I said I hate having his name on MY hardware and actually paying a premium for it
Other than that I don't really care who he is, he's a pretty decent gamer

I would have to agree I would never pay a premium just for a name when the same product is sold in a different collor for less. Let his fans and the uneducated do that.

·
Registered
66 Posts
the fatal1ty cooler is actualy better than the others because it has higher RPM's/CFM

·
Banned
658 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Bob

the fatal1ty cooler is actualy better than the others because it has higher RPM's/CFM

Yeah but $20 for another 5 CFM?

·
Registered
66 Posts
didn't say it was worth the extra $20

·
Registered
224 Posts
I would just get a new fan on there, or get the v1 ultra which performs a good amount better than the zalman and is cheaper than the fatality

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Ninja arent you not even getting your card until march? lol

As for the coolers, the zalman showed basically no improvement really over the stock 1800xt cooler, and also it doesnt push air out of the case like the stock cooler.

BUT arctic cooling has a new 1800/1900 series coming out soon that is suppose to be pretty good. But expect a hefty price tag.

also note, the 'fatality' series of anything is usually crap. The all copper one will function the same or better at a cheaper price.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by what?
Ninja arent you not even getting your card until march? lol

As for the coolers, the zalman showed basically no improvement really over the stock 1800xt cooler, and also it doesnt push air out of the case like the stock cooler.

BUT arctic cooling has a new 1800/1900 series coming out soon that is suppose to be pretty good. But expect a hefty price tag.

also note, the 'fatality' series of anything is usually crap. The all copper one will function the same or better at a cheaper price.

the arctic cooling acceleros are supposed to be crappy

·
Banned
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, 'what?' I am getting the card in March, I was just wondering which cooling device, if any, should I use on a X1900, and I wouldn't get the Fatal1ty becuase I don't see the LEDs because I don't have a window and I don't care about 5CFMs. So your saying I should go with the Arctic Cooling that works for X1800/X1900? My brother has a Arctic Cooling GPU cooler on his X800 and it works nice.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
the VF-700 is a great cooler, but if you choose that, don't bother getting the Fatal1ty version... it's the same cooler with his logo on it. big deal

however, since you are not getting the card for a while, wait and see if there is a new arctic silencer or something. and wait for the new Zalman VF-900 (if it's out by then). read some reviews then and you'll have a better idea of what to buy for it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja_Boy
Yes, 'what?' I am getting the card in March, I was just wondering which cooling device, if any, should I use on a X1900, and I wouldn't get the Fatal1ty becuase I don't see the LEDs because I don't have a window and I don't care about 5CFMs. So your saying I should go with the Arctic Cooling that works for X1800/X1900? My brother has a Arctic Cooling GPU cooler on his X800 and it works nice.
the older arctic cooling coolers are nice, however the x1800/1900 series are horrible and blow the heat down into the motherboard

1 - 18 of 18 Posts