Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
55C on load is the limit you should be hitting until you get better cooling. Also, please fill out your system specs. Located in the User CP tab on the top of the webpage.

EDIT: Nice OC btw!

·
Premium Member
6,685 Posts
Gah, I hate all you Toledo Core people hitting 3.0. My Manchester is so pitiful.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Everyone is doing 3Ghz with air cooling! Making me jealous...

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Sorry to hear that dude... Might run it a little lower, fold for like a week so you can burn in your CPU and then try it agn.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just for an update i cleaned my heatsink and fan (thermaltake beetle) and added that optional fan on the exhaust. I am now running full load 48C, stable and about to see if i can't break the 3ghz mark. not bad for just air in my opinion. I never thought to clean it until today.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Firstly, that is a great overclock. Congrats

Try adding a side intake fan that chucks air down the cpu fan, it will work wonders and could drop your temps even further.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
What stepping is your 4200? My Toledo 4200 is an LCB9E and it rocks! I have hit 3.1 ghz with mine. Looks like you got a good one.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Already have a side fan....unfortunately as big as the HSF is there is no room for an air duct. I will be getting a CM Stacker 830 case soon. That should bring some much needed airflow.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I also have LCB9E but in my current case I'm not getting the airflow I would like. but at the temp I am currently running I'm sure I can probably get to 3.1 but not sure if I really need to. 3Ghz should be plenty...then again I might get greedy.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Its a very good stepping. I'm currently running 270x11 at 1.43 vcore. I need a better heatsink and fan before I can push it higher for a 24/7 overclock.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by euphoric28 View Post
What does your temps look like lonnie?
Load temps with this stock heatsink are around 45-50c. I have an 80mm Silverstone fan zip tied to the heatsink. I been thinking about going to water cooling.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
When I had mine at 3.1 it failed primes on both cores after about an hour. After that I stopped and put it back to where I have it now. But once again I was back to needing better cooling. I think 3.1 stable is obtainable on very good air cooling or a water setup.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.