Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Administrator
64,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there Guys im thinking about the new following upgrade for my system that ill get at the end of this week if all goes to plan.

AMD X2 4400+ Here : http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatal...et_939_X2.html

DFI LanParty UT CFX3200-DR RD580 Crossfire : http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatal...Party_243.html

Now can anyone actually advise anything here ? Just curious i guess.

How well does that motherboard perform/Overclock ?.

Please dont Mention Conroe as im not going with Conroe at this point.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Holy smokes. You can get that cpu much cheaper here.

Its £150 at overclockers, for that kinda money you could get a C2D E6400 and have cash left over. (I did not say you should buy this however)

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
Stick with the 4400+ the added cache size boosts performance. And you can easily OC that 4400+ past the 4600+ speeds. I am gonna be buying the 4400+ aswell come this christmas.

·
Administrator
64,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by atomicfission92
Stick with the 4400+ the added cache size boosts performance. And you can easily OC that 4400+ past the 4600+ speeds. I am gonna be buying the 4400+ aswell come this christmas.
Well this is what i thought. However can anyone find a place where to get this motherboard and CPU on the same site apart from WWW.OVERCLOCKERS.CO.UK

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
The board is awesome man...some have had issues with it though...have you seen the thread over at dfi-street.com?

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
I have the RDX200 which has been just an awesome board to work with now. There are a few things that I found out at DFI-Street about turning off legacy usb in the BIOS so it would boot normally. But other then that its just perfect, esepcially the ram slots location. I suggest a cooler that goes with the airflow of your case as it will cool them nicely.

Also the FDD above the first PCIE slot is not needed unless you run CF, and the EPS12V is also not needed unless you have it.

pink

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Pink57

I have the RDX200 which has been just an awesome board to work with now. There are a few things that I found out at DFI-Street about turning off legacy usb in the BIOS so it would boot normally. But other then that its just perfect, esepcially the ram slots location. I suggest a cooler that goes with the airflow of your case as it will cool them nicely.

Also the FDD above the first PCIE slot is not needed unless you run CF, and the EPS12V is also not needed unless you have it.

pink

But in one of your posts didnt you say that it was a horrible board and to never get one

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
I have the x2 4400. Mine overclocks to 2.65ghz stable. My memory timings are 3-2-3-5 1T (265mhz) though, with looser timings I can get to 2.75 Ghz with 3-4-3-8 2T (275mhz)

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by frostbite
But in one of your posts didnt you say that it was a horrible board and to never get one
Umm.... No. It was a finnicky board to start with, but once you get the "bugs" out its fine.

pink

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
If you went dual core Opty I would say a 165 would be the best bet plus it will be cheaper. But the 4400 is a fine CPU also and I think they have the same L2 cache. I know with the 165 you can almost guarentee 3ghz out of it, but I do not know what is guarenteed out of the 4400.

pink

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
A 165, yes it's great, but if you feel you need the flexability of a 10x multiplyer the 170. Beyond that it just lots more money for a higher multiplyer.
Would the 180 (uses a 12x) be any better than the 4400+ (uses 11X), basically twins and the OCing will be dpandant on each ones stepping!

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
I have that board and that processor.... I think i got a bad stepping on the processor because i can't get it over 245 MHz FSB stable..... I just got a FX-55, so i'm going to see if it's a problem w/ the mobo or the processor here soon. Overall, the combo works well up to that point though.

• Rep+
Reactions: ENTERPRISE
1 - 20 of 39 Posts