Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
definitely worth the extra money.....has more cache, higher frequency, and OC ceiling is relatively high..i got mine to 2.75 on air.....so, 4400+ hands down.....next

·
Registered
219 Posts
if oyur looking for cache size... get an opteron =] .. the 3800+ x2 has way more over head room and can be over clocked to higher speed then a 4800 x2 =] ( i got mine to 2.85 ghz stable and i didn't have to stop there.. i just got lazy) i have overclocked both and ran in to many problems with my friends 4400 on the same mobo that i used to oc mine. same ram and my gfx card =]
if you want my opinion get an opteron 170 if you wanna spend that much its got the cache and is cooler, or get the 3800 x2 and save a little cash and just overclock your brains out nd have a better preforming comp then all your friends =] -trey

·
Registered
219 Posts
oh an i was at 2.85 on air also =] ... thing is with my big typhoon only for to 48c's on FULL load =] ( had to RMA becaus my power supply weent out at a lan and shorted out my cpu. when i get my computer back ill give oyu my screen shots of cpu-z 3dmark scores and stuff like that if you want some proof of my 3800 easly out preforming a oc'd 4400 -trey
( okay maybe not easy (took probably a full day to oc both of them) but it did it)

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
stay away from the X2 dual cores IMO. They are "average" overclockers and expensive for what you get. Definetly look into the opterons, higher overclock potential...and the cheaper duals have 2x1M L2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts