Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm very sorry if this has already been discussed, but for some reason the forum will not allow me to search. It keeps telling me the string I entered does not match the image but I'm 100% sure it does, I tried it multiple times.

Anyways,

What I wanted to ask was if the X2 7750 Black Edition is compatible with the ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless Edition motherboard?

I'm running a 3800+ at the moment and it's bottlenecking me in games, I need something better.

I did search the ASUS compatibility list, and it was not there, but I was told that those lists aren't accurate.

Just wondering if anyone here can confirm it?

Thanks!

·
Efficiencycionado
5,587 Posts
that cpu is am2+, your mobo can only support am2. sorry mate.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gerikoh
View Post

AM2+ cpu's are backwards compatable with most AM2 motherboards. If your motherboard will support any Phenom processor it will also work with the 7750which is nothing more than a Phenom with 2 cores disabled.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In that case, what would you guys recommend as the best CPU upgrade for me for that board? I'm tyring to spend as little money as possible for now until I have money to do a full upgrade (mobo, processor, ram, graphics card)

I'm running the M2N32-SLI deluxe W/E
w/ 2GB PC6400 DDR2-800 Corsair TwinX sticks I believe, don't remember the timings.
If I need to get better RAM to accommodate a new processor or to overclock (yes, I want to overclock the snot out of whatever I decide on) that is not a huge issue as RAM is cheap.

·
Efficiencycionado
5,587 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YeaBaby
View Post

AM2+ cpu's are backwards compatable with most AM2 motherboards. If your motherboard will support any Phenom processor it will also work with the 7750which is nothing more than a Phenom with 2 cores disabled.

yeah i know. but not that particular mobo. the nforce 580 can't support any phenom cpus at all. and you can't find any more bios updates from their website.

just get a brisbane.
this one will do:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103289
but it doesn't have a fan included so get this one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103298

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oops I didnt see Yeababy's post before i posted.

My board does support Phenom X3 8400, 8600
as well as Phenom 9100e through 9850 (not sure why not 9950)

And those are all AM2+ chips.

Highest X2's it says it supports are

Athlon 64 X2 6400+ (CZ),2MB,rev.F3,125W,SocketAM2
Athlon X2 5000+ (DU),1MB,rev.G2,65W,SocketAM2

so if it supports the phenom's it *should* support the 7750? Hmm. Unless I have someone that can confirm it, I'd rather not waste $100 :\\

·
Premium Member
4,274 Posts
Quote:

View Post

yeah i know. but not that particular mobo. the nforce 580 can't support any phenom cpus at all. and you can't find any more bios updates from their website.

You are wrong. It does support the Phenoms.

http://support.asus.com/download/dow...2-SLI%20Deluxe

Just download the latest (2205) and you will be good to go with a 7750 Black Edition.

·
Efficiencycionado
5,587 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok well I don't know who to believe...lol

There are 2 chips on sale at the store I buy from (I'm canadian)

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ Dual Core Processor AM2 2.7GHZ 2X512KB for $74
and
AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition Dual Core Processor Socket AM2+ 2.7GHZ 3MB for $85

Obviously the major difference here is the 3MB cache on the 7750 correct?

1 is clearly compatible and the other one is....marginally, compatible? lol I just don't want to waste my money ya know?

I wish someone could confirm for sure.

There was a guy that said he was getting one but I can't seem to PM him? his name is H4rvey, anyone wanna PM him for me and ask if his worked?

·
Efficiencycionado
5,587 Posts
7750 is 20% faster clock for clock. but it's the videocard that will make a difference in gaming anyway.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No he has the M2N-SLI Deluxe, mine is M2N32-SLI Deluxe.

I see it on the offcial list on ASUS site for his board but not mine. I think I'll play it safe and get the other one I guess. Or I could spend 200 and get one of the Phenom I's

sigh

·
Efficiencycionado
5,587 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hmm. That's a pretty good deal, but as I'm in Canada, after exchange, duties and shipping it brings it up around $350 + or -

Sometimes I wish I lived in the US for good prices on products but then I remember other reasons why I don't which I will not get into hehe.

Thanks though.

I was looking at an i7 build as its very tempting as I've been reading that they overclock like crazy..but I just can't afford $1100 for a whole new system right now. I would like to buy something in the interim but it's really hard to make a decision lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Quote:

View Post

It clearly states in the specs at the ASUS website that the mobo accepts AM2+ procs... read before you speak next time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by naossoan
View Post

No he has the M2N-SLI Deluxe, mine is M2N32-SLI Deluxe.

I see it on the offcial list on ASUS site for his board but not mine. I think I'll play it safe and get the other one I guess. Or I could spend 200 and get one of the Phenom I's

sigh

WOW!!! seriously?? Do you thing there is much of a difference between the m2n32-SLI and the M2N-sli?? there only difference is the m2n32 allows a 16x/16x SLI setup vs the 8x/8x on the m2n...

Get the 7750 and over clock it. You will beat out any quad core with it because you can clock it higher and games today only use ONE CORE!! NOT FOUR.

Discussion over.... you mobo is compatible with a 7750

1 - 18 of 18 Posts