·
Premium Member
11,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
11,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DDR2 or DDR3, SLI or Crossfire....My worry, is there a trade off with such impressive features?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Umm, not to ruin your happiness, but that's only for one Foxconn board, and the driver support for it will probably be horrific.

·
Premium Member
11,444 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mhill2029 View Post
DDR2 or DDR3, SLI or Crossfire....My worry, is there a trade off with such impressive features?
I was wondering the same thing....if there isn't a trade off, then this is GREAT!

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I agree, I'll wait for some other brand board to release and the yorkfield to be fully tweaked by then. With yorkfield since the chips are smaller, less heat is put out, so a water cooling system may be overdoing it and air cooling with a tuniq would be sufficient.

·
Premium Member
11,444 Posts
No confirmed date. I've heard as early as late July....but guess what? They're not here yet!

The latest I've seen is Q4 December, which is where I'd bet my paycheck. It makes the most fiscal sense for Intel, considering that they just released the P35........

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Most rumors I've seen are pointing towards a September release. I'd also like to reiterate my point above.

Quote:

Umm, not to ruin your happiness, but that's only for one Foxconn board, and the driver support for it will probably be horrific.

That's not to say that nVidia won't grant Intel an SLI license for the X38 chipset, just that this board only supports it because of some proprietary Foxconn drivers.

·
Premium Member
11,444 Posts
Oh wow if it will only be some proprietary drivers then it will be BRUTAL for the core logic performance.....whew
Might want to stick with the 680i on that one if that's the case.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts