Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so for my new build I doing for my dad I got the gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R. The first one we got would start up go for ~3sec. then reboot and do the same thing over and over till I flipped the switch on the psu. It was past 30 days since we bought it (we bought everything when there was a sale on it) so we had to rma it to gigabyte which took forever but finally today we got it back. (They to us that it was a bent pin on the socket) So I proceeded to test everything before I put it in the case. well to my dimay this one is doing the same thin. Do you guy's have any suggestions to what to do or how to fix it

computer parts:

OCZ Gold 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Low Voltage Desktop Memory Model OCZ3G1333LV8GK

CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power ...

Intel Core i7-930 Bloomfield 2.8GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80601930

GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

COOLER MASTER HAF 922 RC-922M-KKN1-GP Black Steel + Plastic and Mesh Bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

video card is the BFG GTX 275 (newegg didn't have any)

I have made sure all connections are right and 24 and 8 pin are plugged in as well as the 2 pci. I have also plugged in the speaker and there are no post beeps

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did all that but I can't even get into the bios. my monitor shows nothing. I have tested everything but the cpu and mb. everything else works fine on a different computer. I'm going to send it back to them but that will take about 4 weeks so I will just buy an asus and sell it when they get it back to me

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that's what I'm going to do. I bought it from ewiz and on their site it says that they will warranty it for a year but all they do is send it to the manufacture what a waste of time
but I'm looking at this do you think it will serve me well and is there any known problems like the gigabyte

1 - 7 of 7 Posts