Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sure, if it works, I'm gonna update the bios, but will I get able to go to my bios with the 930 on it without the good bios (f4) If anybody tried a 930 with an unflashed mobo and it turned out to work, inputs here please! thanks!

I don't have a spare 920 (forget the old sig haha) and I don't want to spend another 300 simply to flash it, nor do I want to buy a 920.

edit: or x58a-ud3r anyone?

·
Premium Member
21,169 Posts
It should work without a BIOS flash as the only difference is the extra multiplier, which is chip dependent. However, flashing, if done correctly is easy and quick. I always update to the most recent BIOS on my boards.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man, yeah, I think the same too, it's just that I can't flash the bios with no working cpu in it right? But if you say it'll work, then I'll install w7, then the first thing I'll do is to flash the bios to the latest version. thank you!

·
Registered
66 Posts
my x58a ud3r worked fine with i7 930.... the bios flash was piece of cake. i had to flash it from f1 to f4.

altho, my cousin's i7 930 + ud7 wouldnt post. idk why.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Gigabyte replied with "Dear Customer

You will need to use an older processor first to flash the bios in order to support that processor."

I checked their support CPU's for the GA-X58A-UD5(rev. 1.0) and it show BIOS F1 supporting every Core i7 CPU and some Xeons EXCEPT for the 930 which needs F4. I wonder why?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bvet4dog
View Post

my x58a ud3r worked fine with i7 930.... the bios flash was piece of cake. i had to flash it from f1 to f4.

altho, my cousin's i7 930 + ud7 wouldnt post. idk why.

did you flash the bios with the 930 in place? meaning it worked enough to allow you to update the bios? Or did you use an order chip?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wannabejess
View Post

did you flash the bios with the 930 in place? meaning it worked enough to allow you to update the bios? Or did you use an order chip?

mine worked with f2 our of the box..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by paulo dourado View Post
mine worked with f2 our of the box..
Thanks for the info. The gigabyte site says your ud3 needs f4 to support teh 930 just like the ud5 so that lines up nicely.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts