Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all this is my system

Amd xp 64 bit 3.6 ghz
mobo asus A8RMVP (crossfire)
2 sata 160 gig maxtor 10000 rpm
4 gig ddr 400 pc 3200 kingston
SAPPHIRE X800 GTO2 256 TVO DVI PCI-E
SAPPHIRE X800 256 CROSSFIRE PCI-E
Benq lightscribe dvd burner 16 speed

But when i go to

Ati catalyst center
Crossfire
and i can enable crossfire.
when i do this. the pc will restart.
when the pc is restarted crossfire shoot enabled.
but this is not


what can be the problem ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
577 Posts
have you placed the cards correctly? and then connected both with special dvi connection to the screen?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes i have placed the cards correctly
and i can see windows and can do anything.

but when i enable crossfire
when i do this. the pc will restart for enable crossfire.
when the pc is restarted crossfire shoot enabled.
but this is not enabled :S
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when i do a benchmark 2005 the score is about 4800
and the is see sort off horizontal stripes.
when i play a game i see this stripes again.

in normal windows i don't see this
have this matter something with enabling the crossfire?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
577 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by dennizje

http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/6697/naamloos7aj.jpg

over here you can see when i'm enabling crossfire.
when the pc is restarted crossfire is not enabled

i can try tis 182109312 times but he don't wanna work.
i have reinstalled my pc.
i have downloaded the newest drivers from ati

well a mismatch happend... perhaps diffrent mem size? diffrent core?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,104 Posts
You need two of the same cards. Two x800gto2's or two x800's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SAPPHIRE X800 GTO2 256 TVO DVI PCI-E
SAPPHIRE X800 256 CROSSFIRE PCI-E

one is a gto2 card the other i think not ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok thanks alot. i will run to the shop now and give him a smack on his face

and of course a gto2 card crossfire or the normal gto card
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,423 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by dennizje

SAPPHIRE X800 GTO2 256 TVO DVI PCI-E
SAPPHIRE X800 256 CROSSFIRE PCI-E

this 2 cards i have.

The X800GTO2 uses the R480 core which is the core for the X850. Your CF card has an R420 core. You need an X850 CF card.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,427 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by dennizje

ok thanks alot. i will run to the shop now and give him a smack on his face

and of course a gto2 card crossfire or the normal gto card

Good thing you got it local. You have every right to go down there and request the proper card since they sold you two cards that won't work together. Also, if you can, get two GTO2's since they are faster than regular X800's.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,423 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Fishie36

Good thing you got it local. You have every right to go down there and request the proper card since they sold you two cards that won't work together. Also, if you can, get two GTO2's since they are faster than regular X800's.

I dont think he can run two GTO2s. He needs a master card. Best thing he can do is unlock the GTO2 to an X850XTPE and get an X850CF.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,427 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by J3r3my

I dont think he can run two GTO2s. He needs a master card. Best thing he can do is unlock the GTO2 to an X850XTPE and get an X850CF.

Right... well I'm not quite up to date on what master cards are out. Just make sure they're the same.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thnx all.
i was back to the shop. and he is ordered a x800 gto2 crossfire card for me

so i hope i can gaming soon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
517 Posts
Hmm... I don't think that this combination will work either...
As Jeremy said you must have a master card... you have two options...
Either trade the x800GTO2 for a regular x800, which will be a mistake because X800GTO2 worth much more as it is, and there is also a fairly good chance to unlock it to full 16 pixel pipelines mod, an equivalent of an X850XTPE card.
So you'll possibly need to purchase a x850PRO\\XT\\CF card, but confirm that your card can be unlocked first because you must run identical amount of pipelines on both cards to benefit from crossfire technology...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,427 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Hellgy

Hmm... I don't think that this combination will work either...
As Jeremy said you must have a master card... you have two options...
Either trade the x800GTO2 for a regular x800, which will be a mistake because X800GTO2 worth much more as it is, and there is also a fairly good chance to unlock it to full 16 pixel pipelines mod, an equivalent of an X850XTPE card.
So you'll possibly need to purchase a x850PRO\\XT\\CF card, but confirm that your card can be unlocked first because you must run identical amount of pipelines on both cards to benefit from crossfire technology...

He already has a regular GTO2 card, and he said he's getting a GTO2 crossfire card. What's wrong with that? Unless they don't actually make a GTO2 master card, because I've never heard of one.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top