Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i ordered all the stuff for my new comp last night from newegg (with the regular Gigabyte 6800 128mb) but then today i found out my order didnt go through, and now im contemplating weather to get a X800 Pro or 6800. I really like the Gigabyte 6800 cuz it comes with lotsa games (lol) but i saw in some benchmarks the X800 Pro came out on top, and on others the 6800 came out on top. So which should I go with? Im personally leaning towards the 6800, but im not 100% sure which i should go with...

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
In most cases I'd think the X800 would beat the 6800, but if you can get a 6800GT there's no questions that's what you should get. Both cards are fast and overclock really well so I really can't say much, but I would opt for the 6800 myself just because it has support for DirectX9.0c and SM3.0 whereas the X800 doesn't

·
Registered
56 Posts
IMO X800 Pro

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
6800 GT all the way, more pipes than X800 Pro, and cheaper/same price as the X800P. ATi screwed themselves on that choice..

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
had this conversation at the beggining of the week i benched both gt and pro on same rig and the gt won hands down

·
Banned
101 Posts
get a Gigabyte 6800 VAnilla, its fine, dont spend $400 on a card maybe 10 more FPS than a plain 1. GEt a 6800 VAnilla im buying that next week for Christmass.

·
Banned
179 Posts
^^^^ TRUE!
if not a refurbished gt thats da bomb no point of ultra cuz u can oc to that speed

XFX OR BFG ALL THE WAYYYYYYY!
KILL DOOM3

·
Registered
72 Posts
Get the X800 Pro ViVo Which is a 12 piper, flash the bios using the modified flashrom off of http://www.techpowerup.com to the XT PE and your 3dmark03 scores will go up 3000marks. If you get the non ViVo, you will be stuck with a 12piper and cannot soft mod it. My Pro ViVo OCed 570/560 got 13,010 3dmarks with the Arctic Cooler 4 in 3dmark03, but I wouldn't recommend running at XT PE speeds (520/560) Unless you are certian it can do it, ALOT of ViVos cannot go over 500/500 which is the normal X800 XT speed. (Mine for some reason seems to handle XT PE speeds fine) Download ATi Tool off http://www.techpowerup.com and do a Scan for Artifacts, watch your temps too.

• Rep+
Reactions: Redeye

·
Registered
30 Posts
I agree x800pro vivo's are just the not so good off the line XT's. Open up the xtra pipelines with the bios flash and youve got XT performance for the price of a Pro.

I bought a regular pro a couple of weeks ago and now i know about the vivo's am totally gutted I saved £30 and didnt get a vivo....its hit and miss now whether my pipelines are cut. Only one way to find out...thanks for the link Shoman.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yeah its a bummer to know that you dont have a VIVO, you can always hard mod it or sell it. Im actually going to sell mine soon. I ordered an XT PE from ATI.

·
Premium Member
7,395 Posts
If you're really comparing an X800 to a 6800, then I would go for the 6800 because it beats the X800 in some benchmarks (not most) for $100 less. I.e., the X800 should kill the 6800, but it doesn't, so it's not worth an extra $100.

But as has been said, if you have the money to even consider an X800, then you should just get a 6800 GT and sleep easy. There is no better card for the money. Period.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Get the 6800GT, Having played the NFSU2 demo, if you want everything on at high res, your going to need all the power you can get. The GT overclocks well and will keep you ahead of the game for a little while.

• Rep+
Reactions: cchu2004
1 - 13 of 13 Posts