Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a brand new X800 XT PE from a local wholesaler (not some ebay modded one) When i run ATITOOL or Powerstrip on card, clock speeds come back 499/499. The specs on the PE are suppose to be at least 520/520. What is Sapphire trying to pull here. 499/499 is slower than the X800 XT specs, why did I pay extra for PE. What is my course of action to get a real PE?

·
Registered
527 Posts
did u install the correct drivers and everything kiddo? cause if its reading 499/499 it looks like the software isnt reading the full stats...try radlink thats goood...REp me if i helped *its that gray thing*

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I try ed the drivers that came with the card, and i try ed the newest ones on ATI site. I try ed using the overclocking software that came with the card Redline, but it doesn't seem to support the X800 XT. So i used power strip to check the clock speed, it is definitely defaulted at 499/499 where as it is suppose to be defaulted at 520/560, I take it u are telling me to try overclocking the card with Radlink, and i try ed over clocking the card to what the defaults should be, and it locks up windows. So any other advice?

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thehacker11

REP ME IF I HELPED! install omega drivers

lol, i think he probably caught the rep thing the first time. don't be pushy. I'd take the card back and get it exchanged. Looks faulty, and if the next one comes back the same then somethings up. use http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en to check again.

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thehacker11

REP ME IF I HELPED! install omega drivers

But you didnt do anything! It still doesnt work! Why should you deserve a rep?

Anyways, like Zokus said, take it back and try again. If it doesnt work, why even go for a PE, I mean its only a few MHz faster for alot more money...

·
Registered
257 Posts
Try getting a newer version of powerstrip and also see if the new version supports the PE because when I first got my 6800 GT it read the wrong speeds too until I got a supported version.

·
Registered
527 Posts
im dinking its reading it wrong

rep me if i helped!

P.S. i say rep me if i helped all the time unless im asking for help cause i cant rep myself cause i didnt help myself other wise i wouldnt have a question lol

·
Registered
137 Posts
Check it out... http://www.overclock.net/showpost.ph...2&postcount=25

I can understand the reluctance to return it, they usually take a week to a month to get... Still waitin to hear back from this guy, I'll keep you posted, no punn intended... LOL

*REP ME IF I HELPED, RIGHT NOW DAGNABBIT!!!

lol...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts