Overclock.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
x800pro, 6800GT, x800XT Refurbished ( Those 3 cards I have to wait 3 months to buy) or 6800 vanilla now and try to unlcok pipes?

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
6800 Vanilla is good, but I think I would hold out for a 6800GT. You might be able to unlock the pipes on a vanilla, but that is not a chance I would be willing to bank on. If you need to wait for a 6800GT then do it. I personally think that refurb cards are no good. That is another risk I wouldn't take. The X800 Pro blows big time and wouldn't be worth the cash, especially when compared to a 6800GT. Just sit back and wait for that sweet card to makes its way into your hands. Chances are very good that you could get up to 6800 Ultra speeds with the stock cooling solution. And might I ask why you have to wait 3 months to buy it??

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
people always say "you can overclock the GT ot Ultra speeds". Thats true, but you could overclock an Ultra to Ultra Extreme speeds".

I personally would try and get yourself a X850XT, yuo can fidn them for abotu the samke price as a X800XT these days ($800au).

Just make sure you look around heaps becuase you'll see a few X850XT's at the same price as X800XT's, just look around.

Stay away from Asus with Video Cards as they are way to expensive. All manufactuars of Video Cards produce the same speed cards. All they do is put the card together. So you'll see no difference bwteen a card by Asus, and a card by Connect3D or ELSA, they use the same stuff (memory, GPU, buses, interface).

·
Registered
1,334 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 6600Gt1047
should i ge ta better processor? p4 ht 3.0
I wouldn't, I would get a better Graphics Card, unless you need a better CPU for other stuff. A better Graphics Card will help you out more in gaming than a better CPU. And I am not 100% sure, but I don't think there are AGP versions of the X850XT right now, and if there is, they aren't cheap.

·
Banned
343 Posts
take 8800/9800gt/gts/gtx second hand ones those days are damn cheap to buy and its better than those in your list

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse^_^ View Post

7 years later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by munnis View Post

7 year back i was 14-15
biggrin.gif

uups my mistake i didnt watched kuupäeva
I made the same mistake.. I was like "*** does this guy want AGP cards for?"