Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for cooling my X800xl. To save some money i was thinking about water cooling it with this : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835118111

See im pretty pissed that my card was stepped on during the 3dmark 06 demo.

If i ran than water cooling only through my video card could i get the core up to like 600-650 from 390?

·
Premium Member
5,144 Posts
Cooling isn't the problem with the xl. It needs a volt mod to get any kind of decent oc. You might be able to get the core to around 450 wihout a volt mod on wata.

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
I can only get my core up to 430 with my AC Silencer but temps arent the problem, full load is only like 48c, so with water I would say you'd be lucky to get 450 and its certainly not worth the $200+ of the Reserator! If you're willing to do a volt mod, then water cooling is pretty much necessary if you bump up the voltage any more than .2v or so. IMO the X800XL is plenty fast enough, I had a dream once of getting my core up to 500 to match the XT (but with 100MHz faster memory, mine is 550 right now) but I gave that up long ago.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heh well thanks guys. Just needed some feedback.

The 1900xt for me.......

·
Registered
407 Posts
Im sure youve made your decision but just one more tidbit.
I have my x800xl being cooled by a water chiller right now to test out the unit before using for my cpu and even with load temps well below ambient my card gets to about 448 to 452 core and the card just shuts down and i get reboots and back to default core and mem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts