Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting my card returned and was wondering what is better. A X850XT (non PE) or a X800XT PE, (i may go with the X850XP PE but answer the other question).

I dont want anyway to say "go with the 6800GT or the 6800 Ultra" becuase i prefer ATI and i think that are more "power"ful (no warz pleaz).

Answers, comments, links and anything else, just have a post that is helpful and reps may be coming your way!!!

Thanks, Sloth_Boy

·
Some call me... Bifford
5,265 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sloth_Boy
I'm getting my card returned and was wondering what is better. A X850XT (non PE) or a X800XT PE, (i may go with the X850XP PE but answer the other question).

I dont want anyway to say "go with the 6800GT or the 6800 Ultra" becuase i prefer ATI and i think that are more "power"ful (no warz pleaz).

Answers, comments, links and anything else, just have a post that is helpful and reps may be coming your way!!!

Thanks, Sloth_Boy
I would guess that there isn't much performance difference between the two. However, wouldn't ATI (or others) be more apt to create better and faster drivers for the newest card? This is total speculation, but most companies create only a limited run of product,as one product is released another is discontinued. So in theory the x850 XT has a longer life expectancy. Although if ATI (and NVidia) keep churning out new "flagship" models every quarter who knows what will happen.

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's just i can get a X850XT for $30 less than the X800XT PE. I ight buy from somewhere else and just get the best of the best, the X850XT PE, that does sound good.

Any other comments

·
Some call me... Bifford
5,265 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sloth_Boy
it's just i can get a X850XT for $30 less than the X800XT PE. I ight buy from somewhere else and just get the best of the best, the X850XT PE, that does sound good.

Any other comments
I would go for the x850 XT even if it isn't PE.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts