Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I got copper ramsinks and attached them to the x850 pro, would it be good enough to flash it to x850 xtpe without much heat problems? That way I'll still have a stock fan, and copper ramsinks. Most likely I'll run the fan at 100%too.

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dnguyen1022

If I got copper ramsinks and attached them to the x850 pro, would it be good enough to flash it to x850 xtpe without much heat problems? That way I'll still have a stock fan, and copper ramsinks. Most likely I'll run the fan at 100%too.

You shouldnt have any problems with heat, many people run the flash on stock cooling, though it is recommended to get aftermarket cooling.. If it runs too hot, you can either tune down the memory speed or re-flash it back to a x850 pro

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know this has probably been answered but just to make sure..if it gets too hot does the system just reboot or does it fry the chip >.<

·
Registered
402 Posts
i think it just frys the chip i think but it runs to hot for you just get some after market cooling and that shud fix the prob or just flash back to stock settings

1 - 4 of 4 Posts