Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I TeK things...
17,448 Posts
for that price you dont need to flash an x800gto2......

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
god i love how the prices are dropping!!! im gettina new card soon aswell...cant wait!

·
Banned
3,515 Posts
Great card for the money! Awesome AGP performance. One problem, it's only SM2.0. That is why I got rid of my old x850XTPE, because it couldent run SM 3.0. So I traded it for a slower card, just so I could get glorious SM 3.0 image quality in newer games.

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
like that idiot up there said,lol, its only downside is it doesnt support sm3.0 which reallymakes a difference in benching and gameplay, you cant beat the looks of it!

·
Banned
606 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by fiendofmine

ohh agp, im a firm worshiper of pci-express 16x

Lets not start the AGP bashing!!

Sweet deal! Grab one quick!

·
I TeK things...
17,448 Posts
um what he has posted is a PCIE.......there is no AGP version @ newegg

·
Registered
389 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by fiendofmine

thats pretty good for that price, but when you buy cheap you get cheap quality.

Do you have any idea what you are talking about?? It's a great card! It's "cheap" because all ATI prices are dropping due to the release of the new cards.

·
Banned
3,515 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrblink

Do you have any idea what you are talking about?? It's a great card! It's "cheap" because all ATI prices are dropping due to the release of the new cards.

Yeah, ATI prices have been dropping like mad.
The x1900XTX dropped from $700 to $510 in less than a month.

·
Registered
584 Posts
PCIe X850 XTs were being sold for $400+ just a couple of months ago.

This card is one of the best graphics card deals around right now (PCIe Sapphire X850 XT) and are being sold for great prices everywhere.

Theres nothing cheap about it, other then that its an OEM version, but still, an X850 XT for the same price as a 6800 GS? Its a steal.

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
SM3 isn't that big of a deal right now but it may be in the coming months, if you plan on upgrading again in the next 6 months then go for it, other than that I would consider getting a 7800GT which is faster and SM3 for not THAT much more money, though I have been eyeing that x850xt from Sapphire for quite a while, Sapphire is the best ATI manufacturer IMO and its also usually the cheapest (look at the x1900s)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.