Overclock.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont get everyone is telling me to get a 6800 whenever i say im going to ge the X850 xt... WHY?? The X850 Xt has faster core ...faster memory and a 16 pipelines. The 6800 only has 12 pipes. Is it just their Nvidia preference?
Enlighten me

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostSlash

I dont get everyone is telling me to get a 6800 whenever i say im going to ge the X850 xt... WHY?? The X850 Xt has faster core ...faster memory and a 16 pipelines. The 6800 only has 12 pipes. Is it just their Nvidia preference?
Enlighten me

whoever telling you that the 6800 is faster than the x850xt is probally on crack when typing that crap, cause i know for sure (100%) that the X850XT will beat all 6800's model except for GT and Ultra. The X850XT will par with 6800GT but will lose against Ultra. The X850XTPE on the otherhand will par with Ultra or might be a little faster.

Also make sure that the person is not a "Nvida-fan-boy". And I'm not an "Ati-fan-boy". I just buy whatever card that perform best with the lowest cost

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hello,
The 6800Ultra, GT, GS pci-e, running on almost the same clock freq. as the x850xt but for gameing the main issue is that most of the games are built on OpenGL with works much better with nVidias hardware! 6800 have faster memory and with some overclocking they can do coreclock higher than the x850xt.

·
Premium Member
8,477 Posts
It has already been clarified in several posts on this forum (these debates get old rather quick) that the x850xt is a little faster than the 6800gt and the x850xtpe is a little faster than the 6800ultra. A "vanilla" 6800 is more on par with a x800pro. Image quality is nearly identical with both cards (unless you look REALLY hard), although that may change if you run SM3.0 in newer games. ATI cards tend to have beter AA performance (not that much) at high resolutions than nvidia (conclusion drawn from various reviews).

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
and the 6800 has SM3.0!!!! cant forget that... the beats the hell outa SM2.0!!! which is what the x850xt has!

·
Banned
5,423 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pbasil1

and the 6800 has SM3.0!!!! cant forget that... the beats the hell outa SM2.0!!! which is what the x850xt has!

It may make a few games look prettier but thats about it.

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by J3r3my

It may make a few games look prettier but thats about it.

ya and thats prolly why people are saying its better... ive seen tons of these threads and they all come to the same conclusion.... x850 is faster but 6800gs has SM3...

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pbasil1

ya and thats prolly why people are saying its better... ive seen tons of these threads and they all come to the same conclusion.... x850 is faster but 6800gs has SM3...

Hehehe We'll see about that.

My x800 pro used to be on par with most xtpe's because I overclocked it beyond what is considered "safe" by most. It could beat the XTPE in benchmarks but In games only really made a difference of like 15 fps?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts