Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I buy an X850XT 256mb AGP card and overclock it to PE 540/590 with my Zalman VF700 CU on it there shouldn't be any major issues doing it.O/c will be with ATI tool.Just asking because I am not experienced with flashing bios stuff and don't want to mess up my new card when santa comes.Thanks.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leeo D
View Post

If I buy an X850XT 256mb AGP card and overclock it to PE 540/590 with my Zalman VF700 CU on it there shouldn't be any major issues doing it.O/c will be with ATI tool.Just asking because I am not experienced with flashing bios stuff and don't want to mess up my new card when santa comes.Thanks.

Just let let the CCC overdrive run and that will give u an idea of whether or not the card can take the PE speeds. I wouldn't even bother with a bios flash either, since ati tool or the CCC can be set to run the card at PE speeds when windows boot.

On another note, unless you are getting a really good deal I wouldn't bother getting an X850XT, I think they are still very overpriced and the X1950 pro should be coming out shortly. You should have a look at that.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, found the X1950 agp version on sale on 11/11/06.Cheaper than the X850xt too.What a song.Agp ain't dead yet.Powercolor are on to something there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts