Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got it so there are no arti's etc for my card its AGP btw.

its defaults were 540 (gpu) 590 (mem) i got it up to 570 (gpu) and 600 (mem)

i don't know if it can go higher and do i need to raise the fan speed and how do i actually apply the settings in the bio so it restarts that way

·
Premium Member
4,325 Posts
Currently you're fan speed should be controlled by your video card's BIOS. As the temp goes up so too should your fan speed.

Download Radlinker and after you have reached your best overclock, open up the program and in the lower left (I'm pretty sure that's where it is) click on use current. And it should rewrite that part of the BIOS to run your GPU and MEM at those speeds.

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tkon

well i mean is this the speed i should be gettin too?

I ran 600/633 on stock cooling, but I cranked my fan speed up to 100% for any temps over 41 C. You'll find that the stock cooler works very well if you're willing to run it full out and withstand the noise.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i just did 100 % fan speed etc even w/ a house fan on my vid card and well it coudln't get 2-3 seconds w/ out an artifact lol

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tkon

I just got it so there are no arti's etc for my card its AGP btw.

its defaults were 540 (gpu) 590 (mem) i got it up to 570 (gpu) and 600 (mem)

i don't know if it can go higher and do i need to raise the fan speed and how do i actually apply the settings in the bio so it restarts that way

u mean start the system with 570/600 instead of 540/590?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.