Overclock.net banner

What manufacture do you have your eye on?

• MSI

Votes: 35 21.5%
  • Gigabyte

Votes: 10 6.1%
  • EVGA

Votes: 29 17.8%
  • AsRock

Votes: 89 54.6%
  • ASUS

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please contribute if you can, links appreciate
Think we will all be better off I wait for the link to the corresponding product pages go live(should be relatively soon anyway)

MSI:
MSI X99S XPOWER
MSI X99S XPOWER AC
MSI X99S Gaming 9 AC
MSI X99S Gaming 7 Motherboard
MSI X99S SLI Plus Motherboard

Gigabyte:
Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming 5
Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming 7 WIFI
Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1 WIFI
Gigabyte GA-X99-SOC Force
Gigabyte GA-X99-UD3
Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4
Gigabyte GA-X99-UD5 WIFI
Gigabyte GA-X99-UD7 WIFI

ASUS:
ASUS X99-E WS
ASUS X99 ROG Rampage V Extreme
ASUS X99 Deluxe
ASUS X99-A (TBA or otherwise MIA)

EVGA:
EVGA X99 Micro-ATX
EVGA X99 FTW
EVGA X99 Classified

AsRock:
ASRock X99 WS
AsRock X99 Professional (TBA or otherwise MIA)
AsRock X99 OC Formula (TBA or otherwise MIA)
AsRock X99M Killer FATAL1TY(micro-ATX)
ASRock FATAL1TY X99 Killer
ASRock X99 Extreme 3
ASRock X99 Extreme 4
ASRock X99M Extreme4
ASRock X99 Extreme 6

-Under construction-
-finish list
-links
-pictures
-price

I was looking for this thread myself, I'm disappointed ya'll made me get off my lazy butt and make it.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So sad that MSI is the only one running the slot configuration I am looking for. Seems the MSI X99S SLI Plus is the one for me.

Looking at all these motherboards though, it would seem that many users might have trouble if they populate the first pci-e slot, either with the new longer ram sticks or with any air cooler of considerable size.

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abeltbuckle View Post

So sad that MSI is the only one running the slot configuration I am looking for. Seems the MSI X99S SLI Plus is the one for me.

Looking at all these motherboards though, it would seem that many users might have trouble if they populate the first pci-e slot, either with the new longer ram sticks or with any air cooler of considerable size.
Was wondering myself why there was not breathing room there.... It just seems like we are going to see a new lineup very soon after the initial batch of all these boards roll out

·
Registered
194 Posts
Edit: Removed, the roundup is now functional.

Honestly, I'm having a hard time deciding. Hope the OC boards come into stock soon.

• Rep+
Reactions: Fan o' water

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry for working through this so slowly, I was busy ordering my own parts
biggrin.gif
We will get there
thumb.gif

(ASUS boards will be added soon as they update their product site)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFQ View Post

Here is a round up of all the X99 motherboards: http://www.chiploco.com/x99-motherboards-round-up-35815/

It also includes some information about ASUS X99-A and X99-Pro.
Eh, this is still a worthy venture for me: cuts the commentary, better images, all on the same page, and more/better links to the products page. Someone somewhere can appreciate this I'm sure.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Quote:

Ya, ASUS is being a butt and not updating their site. The two pages I could get aren't linked anywhere and are horribly constructed.
Which pages are those? Can you give links here?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by fateswarm View Post

Why does a minority have to be always right? I makes me feel undemocratic. Darn.
Your right, even if the poll would have been ASUS rampage 5 extreme vs every other X99, the rampage 5 would have still won
tongue.gif

·
Premium Member
9,157 Posts
Quote:

Quote:

Why does a minority have to be always right? I makes me feel undemocratic. Darn.
Your right, even if the poll would have been ASUS rampage 5 extreme vs every other X99, the rampage 5 would have still won
tongue.gif
Why? Because the word "extreme" is impressive?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Is the Gigabyte UD4 a good motherboard?

It's the cheapest atm (along with UD3 ).

Considering getting a cheap 5820k / cheap Crucial DDR4 / Gigabyte UD4

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
If i am going in blind (ie. lack of users feedback), would it the safest and smartest to select from Asus range of X99 boards?

While Asus no longer has Shamino team working with them, they seems to be the most stable guy around.

IIRC, gigabyte and evga were plagued with bios problems, msi had poor overclocking options and stability. asrock managed to slap themselves with some cheapo vrm selection and they always seem to be a messier poorer Asus.

Asus X79 boards are all round do-gooder and have many useful bios updates along the way.

I got my 3930K to 4.5Ghz easy on Asus mid-range X79 Pro!

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
Quote:

Why? Because the word "extreme" is impressive?
No ROG has a good reputation when it comes to extreme high-end products, they always sell more ROG boards than vendors sell any other motherboard when it comes to chipsets like X79. They have an extremely strong following, however they also do put out some very good products.

BTW i just did a motherboard comparison list, but i can't link it here, it might be pertinent to your thread.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts