Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's that time again, looking for an X99 mobo with a PCI slot for my sound card. Will probably be pairing with a 5820k.

Do they even make them anymore with PCI slots? If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears. With an ESATA slot too if that's possible. I'll be researching options in the meantime.

·
I've no idea what I'm doi
2,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunan View Post

It's that time again, looking for an X99 mobo with a PCI slot for my sound card. Will probably be pairing with a 5820k.

Do they even make them anymore with PCI slots? If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears. With an eSATA slot too if that's possible. I'll be researching options in the meantime.
for the most part X99 has forgone the eSata and Legacy PCI ports. Though if you wish you can merely get an eSATA bracket, which basically allows you to connect an eSATA device to your internal SATA ports. Its simply the required cable attached to a PCI slot on your case. Can you make the change to a PCIe Sound card or a DAC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaB123 View Post

What do you mean by PCI slot? I thought all X99 motherboards have PCI-e 3.0.. never heard about just PCI..
Seems a bit weird, your way of thinking, why would PCI EXPRESS, not have a plain old PCI version? YOu must be new to this, with a fairly high end system if you haven't heard of a PCI slot. And yes, all X99 motherboards have PCIe 3.0. straight from the CPU.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaB123 View Post

What do you mean by PCI slot? I thought all X99 motherboards have PCI-e 3.0.. never heard about just PCI..
You must be new to the PC world.... Look in my signature, check out my mobo, there are 2 PCI slots on it, yes they are a little old school but I need just 1.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAS1000 View Post

for the most part X99 has forgone the eSata and Legacy PCI ports. Though if you wish you can merely get an eSATA bracket, which basically allows you to connect an eSATA device to your internal SATA ports. Its simply the required cable attached to a PCI slot on your case. Can you make the change to a PCIe Sound card or a DAC?
Seems a bit weird, your way of thinking, why would PCI EXPRESS, not have a plain old PCI version? YOu must be new to this, with a fairly high end system if you haven't heard of a PCI slot. And yes, all X99 motherboards have PCIe 3.0. straight from the CPU.
I'm trying to keep my sound card in my signature, was very expensive and still to this day will sound better than anything else out even right now. Sucks, I think I may be out of luck.

·
I've no idea what I'm doi
2,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunan View Post

I'm trying to keep my sound card in my signature, was very expensive and still to this day will sound better than anything else out even right now. Sucks, I think I may be out of luck.
You might be surprised with the new stuff out. But yeah, you might be out of luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I"m currently facing the same problem with the same Auzentech Prelude 7.1. The only difference is I'm going to upgrade to ryzen. Looks like currently there is no hi-end Motherboard that have legacy PIC. That's very unfortunate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts