Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
I've no idea what I'm doi
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to overclock Xeon son X99 using g the Base clock strap? I see a Xeon 6 core for only 220, but it's a 2.6GHz.

·
I've no idea what I'm doi
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan123 View Post

2011v3 Xeons are all unlocked, multiplier-overclock is possible.
BCLK can be raised by about 4%.
And the Base clock strap? (125,167 etc.)

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Quote:

Are you sure all xeon 16xx v3 are unlocked? I've been trying to find some examples and not coming up with good proof. Just a couple ES ones. I might trade my 5930k for one of those 10 or more core ones if a decent OC is possible.

Haha, just realized how old this thread is. Sorry.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Quote:

I didn't think so?

I've seen some unlocked 1680's (single socket) but pretty sure the 26xx's (dual socket ) are locked - this goes for both ES and retail.

Happy to be wrong
smile.gif

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by one80 View Post

Quote:

I didn't think so?

I've seen some unlocked 1680's (single socket) but pretty sure the 26xx's (dual socket ) are locked - this goes for both ES and retail.

Happy to be wrong
smile.gif
That's what I've heard. Single-socket is unlocked, everything else is locked.

Unfortunately I don't think you can get 10/12/14 core single-socket Xeons yet. The only listings I see online are pre-orders.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucethemoose View Post

Unfortunately I don't think you can get 10/12/14 core single-socket Xeons yet. The only listings I see online are pre-orders.
Yep - I've been looking for anything on the 1686 12c but there's nothing?

Would've thought they'd need to be realised soon as the V4 chips are around the corner aren't they?

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts
Quote:

Quote:

Would've thought they'd need to be realised soon as the V4 chips are around the corner aren't they?
Maybe not. LGA 1155 desktop broadwell is still MIA, so no telling when big 2011 broadwell Xeons will come out.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Quote:

The E5-1681 V3, E5-1686 V3 and E5-1691 V3 are all custom SKUs created by Intel for a specific client and will not be released to the channel.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lutjens View Post

The E5-1681 V3, E5-1686 V3 and E5-1691 V3 are all custom SKUs created by Intel for a specific client and will not be released to the channel.
Hmm interesting... is there any way of knowing who? I wonder if they will be unlocked as per the 1680? I suspect not...

The fact they won't be available makes me want one more
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
AFAIK the only V3 Xeons that are "unlocked" are the E5-1620, E5-1630, E5-1650, E5-1660, and E5-1680. I'm pretty sure that ES and non-ES versions of these SKUs are "unlocked" as well. As for the rest of the Xeons the only method of OC'ing is the usual method of increasing the FSB.

I have an Intel Xeon E5-2637 V3 that I have been dying to OC via. the FSB. I will be curious to see how it goes. It starts at 3.5 GHz stock already but it is always worth a shot to see if it can go faster.
wink.gif

·
Registered
508 Posts
Quote:

Hmm interesting... is there any way of knowing who? I wonder if they will be unlocked as per the 1680? I suspect not...

The fact they won't be available makes me want one more
biggrin.gif
You already know who the client is...take a wild guess...you're only going to need one....
wink.gif

·
Registered
508 Posts
You can enter a multiplier that exceeds what the processor will allow, but when you reboot, it'll ignore it. I highly doubt these are unlocked. If he really wants to convince people, he'll post a CPU-Z of something like a 40x multiplier and either an AIDA64 or HWinfo64 screenshot to prove that the maximum multiplier is unlocked.

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts
The $550 price tag seems like a red flag. Shouldn't an unlocked 14C ES processor sell for more than that?

That said, I hope someone in OCN picks it up and tests it out
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lutjens View Post

You can enter a multiplier that exceeds what the processor will allow, but when you reboot, it'll ignore it. I highly doubt these are unlocked. If he really wants to convince people, he'll post a CPU-Z of something like a 40x multiplier and either an AIDA64 or HWinfo64 screenshot to prove that the maximum multiplier is unlocked.
ok, seems like a sham. When I asked him about the mti, he said he didn't try and change the multiplier, and that he doesn't really know.
Quote:

The $550 price tag seems like a red flag. Shouldn't an unlocked 14C ES processor sell for more than that?

That said, I hope someone in OCN picks it up and tests it out
biggrin.gif
Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quote:

This is what I believed before getting Xeon E5 1620 v3 from newegg, which is locked as ADX Florence. Is there anyone with unlocked retail e5 1630 v3?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebelin View Post

This is what I believed before getting Xeon E5 1620 v3 from newegg, which is locked as ADX Florence. Is there anyone with unlocked retail e5 1630 v3?
To the best of my knowledge, only the E5-1650 V3, E5-1660 V3 and E5-1680 V3 are unlocked. The lowest end SKUs in the stack aren't unlocked.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.