Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been looking for an Xbox 1 Component cable and its so dam hard to find in UK...So i read up on hacking the original composite to make it into a component cable..I found this guidehttp://www.bigmech.com/misc/xbox_ntsc2comp/. Now im going to try it in a little while but how do i make the Audio cables, because i only have my TV speakers.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
If you are having trouble following that mod, I recommend you don't attempt it.

You could ruin the only video cables you have or you could ruin your TV.

Component cables for the XBOX haven't been made for a long time so your best bet is to check game stores in the area. Look in the used XBOX accessories section or look online for used ones.

By the way, I strongly recommend using official Microsoft ones, either the original version or the second revision. Third-party component cables for the XBOX have a tendency to cause horrible picture quality, for various reasons.

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do follow it...i can get another composite cable if i mess it up but i am pretty good at soldering and stuff..so it should'nt be too hard..only thing is he is using external speakers like his 5.1system..i want to know what wires to solder to get the audio output.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts