Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 360 controller and plugged it into my PC. It works fine, except for two things:

using the top left thumbstick, I can't calibrate it so that the little cross touches the corners of the calibration box... how do I fix this (it means that in, say, Prince of Persia, I can't run diagonally)

Also, the X in the middle doesn't light up... is that normal?

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
what about the drivers, did you install those?

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ch13f121

what about the drivers, did you install those?

It's plug and play...

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
yeah but I thought it had a driver disc...I have a psx to usb adapter, and if you hook a controller up to it...it's plug and play, but there's still drivers for it.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I downloaded the Xbox 360 controller drivers with the found new hardware wizard... aka plug and play.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pooky

Yes I downloaded the Xbox 360 controller drivers with the found new hardware wizard... aka plug and play.

There are drivers for the controller on micro$oft.com http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/ga...ctdetails.aspx

But my x in the middle only lights up upon system boot. As for the shoulder buttons im not too sure - but it works great in NFSMW

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm. Well could anyone that has the 360 controller plugged into their PC go into the options for it and look at the "Dpad" square in the top left of the window. See if you can get the little + sign to touch the corners of the square.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Madkat

I might just go out and buy one.. just for the hell of it.

Its an awesome controller - makes my computer feel just like an xbox WITH better graphics!

I will test mine if i remember tonight for you

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks

The thing is, this makes a lot of games not work right. For instance, any game involving a character you control with the top left thumbstick can't run diagonally... only walk. That's because the + sign doesnt get to the edge of the square in the preferences, so windows doesn't know I pushed the thumbstick as far as it goes.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pooky

Thanks

The thing is, this makes a lot of games not work right. For instance, any game involving a character you control with the top left thumbstick can't run diagonally... only walk. That's because the + sign doesnt get to the edge of the square in the preferences, so windows doesn't know I pushed the thumbstick as far as it goes.

Well I will try mine out - but I believe thats why you have two thumbsticks. Think about any game you played on ps2 or xbox and how the controls are setup. You have one thumb stick pushing forward to walk and then one thumbstick (right lower thumbstick) directing the direction you walk. I believe you are trying to set it up as it was a nintendo64 controller involving one thumbstick that does it all.

What game are you trying to set up

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I was particularly trying to get it to work in Prince of Persia, using the top left thumbstick for movement and bottom right one for the camera... considering I have to use both the thumbstick and the buttons at the same time, I thought that was the most logical way of setting it up, especially considering Windows sees it as the main thumbstick.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts