Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I just bought an Xbox 360 controller and installed driver for use it on my pc.
I run Cod2 and I dont find the setting to use a joystick or gamepad?
Anyone can help me to find how to use the xbox 360 controller with Cod2 on Pc.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
It might not support it because it doesnt have X and Y axis sensitivity or allow to remap the keys, but you might want to send an E-mail to tech support for the developer and ask if it can be included into a patch. If it supports other Dual Axis Controllers then I dont see why it cannot work if it doesnt support Dual Axis Controllers then you're SOL. I personally like KEyboard/Mouse Combos rather than controllers cause you can move the mouse more precise than the Y axis allows

It's a far cry but if enough people ask they might have a patch for Xbox360 controller support.

I dont see why they wouldnt since it was developed for the 360. Tiger Woods 06 doesnt have total 360 controller support and I cannot remap the keys (which sucks)

·
Registered
356 Posts
ive had the same problem with gta sa. but there is a way to fix it with independant drivers, just search around the forums and you should find it

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've got a question, why would anyone use a controller over a keyboard and mouse with a FPS?
The whole idea seems pointless, FPS games were made for a keyboard and mouse

·
Registered
111 Posts
Are you arguing that a stick on a controller is more accurate then a mouse?
try playing CS with a controller online lol

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
some people have their preference... I dont doubt that controllers are more accurate for some people

anyway, sol, what do you need help with?... drivers, getting the controller to work in a game, what?

if youre looking for drivers besides the official microsoft ones, keep an eye on www.xbox.scene.com ... http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/...ZyOnfjYrfd.php

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
welp, I dont have cod2 installed so I couldnt tell you... Im sure theres a setting in there somewhere

cod2 launched with the xbox360 and microsoft has been touting the xbox360 controllers compatibility with windows, so I highly doubt that cod2 doesnt recognize the controller... o_O

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
yeah, thats what I linked earlier...

anyway, from whats been said, the problem isnt a driver issue, the controller works fine, its merely where in cod2s menu to enable the use of gamepads/ joysticks... so its a game setting/ problem, not a driver issue

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
idont think cod2 supports controllers....i tried a controller when i bought the game and i couldnt find the settings anywhere.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
sounds like nothing else can be done... if the game doesnt have support for a controller, theres nothing you can do

have you checked the official game site/ forum for anything?... perhaps a patch is in the works that will support controllers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts