Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When playing a game it keeps doing this & freezes up.

Looks like artifacting on a PC. What are your thoughts ? Is it most likely dead?

ty

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was only going for a few minutes. So i guess its ruined. I took it all apart & cleaned the dust let it cool off, but no luck.

·
Super Moderator
32,931 Posts
If you don't have any warranty left, you could always try the towel trick. I've heard quite a few success stories doing that.

·
Banned
2,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneerisloud;13186733
If you don't have any warranty left, you could always try the towel trick. I've heard quite a few success stories doing that.
yeah i did that for about 3months to keep my xbox alive

but in the end it kills everything!

xbox gave me back a letter which was 2 pages long on what was broken in my xbox. some how my mother board was cracked and my CPU and GPU had broken
frown.gif

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roweyi7;13187008
Blare a heatgun at it for 5 minutes
Don't just keep telling everyone just shoot a Heat gun at it, there's a process, if you honestly just hit it with a heat gun the solder joints will melt together and the board will be ruined.

·
Old
422 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan_9
View Post

When playing a game it keeps doing this & freezes up.

Looks like artifacting on a PC. What are your thoughts ? Is it most likely dead?

ty

It ain't dead yet.. i've had those problems couple of times.

it's not that hard to use a heat gun with x360 mobo. I've done it to several mobos with success. Even youtube has videos about doing this right.

But first off, i would take those stupid xclamps off and replace them with bolts, new thermal paste.. and some extra cooling.
Original cooling system is really crappy.

I replaced my original fans with 2x70mm fans + 60mm intake fan in front of cpu heatsink and those changes lowered temps a lot and made it silent even that they're running @ 12v

1 - 12 of 12 Posts