Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well it says i can hook up 360 with the VGA adapter to my Monitor

one thing...it has a speaker wire....my monitor doesnt have a speaker port..nor monitor...and i dont have a port for it either....so where does the audio jacks go?

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
You can do what I do, hook up the audio cables with the included adapter to your line-in on your pc, and have your speakers hooked up to your computer. Just un mute line-in and turn it the the volume you want. Works great for me. Also you might need the vga cable adapter that is included with the cable to hook it up to your monitor. I didn't realize it was in there until I tried hooking up a male to a male. You probally already knew that, but just incase. lol trying to save you from the troubles I had.

hey, btw where do you live? Noticed your profile said nassau county. where abouts?

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 6600Gt1047
whats line in? sorry im a noob with sound
its an audio jack on your sound card, or onboard sound. I am pretty sure every mobo or sound card has it. I think its the green? jack. not totally sure. just plug it in to one of them and test it lol thats what I did.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by atomicfission92
its an audio jack on your sound card, or onboard sound. I am pretty sure every mobo or sound card has it. I think its the green? jack. not totally sure. just plug it in to one of them and test it lol thats what I did.
once i plug it in the Green jack where do i put my speakers in?

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
Quote:

once i plug it in the Green jack where do i put my speakers in?
if your speakers are plugged into the green jack and working then leave that alone. I said I wasn't sure if it was the green jack or not. Its one of the other ones. Gimme a sec and ill check mine.

okay mines plugged into blue. not sure if you have blue or not.

Like I said, try all of them, make sure you don't mistake line in for mic in. So mute mic in on the onboard sound panel and un mute line in. And just try them all untill one works lol. Its hard to say without being there.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by atomicfission92
if your speakers are plugged into the green jack and working then leave that alone. I said I wasn't sure if it was the green jack or not. Its one of the other ones. Gimme a sec and ill check mine.
thanks dude

·
Premium Member
6,685 Posts
Just leave your speakers plugged in where they work,

Just try all the other jacks until one produces sound, thats what I did works great.

• Rep+
Reactions: 6600Gt1047

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamakazi
Just leave your speakers plugged in where they work,

Just try all the other jacks until one produces sound, thats what I did works great.
so wait just hook up my speakers and play with the audio jacks till it works? ( I Have a laptop so im gunna use my old PC)

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
Quote:

so wait just hook up my speakers and play with the audio jacks till it works? ( I Have a laptop so im gunna use my old PC)
yes, you just try plugging in the audo cable from the xbox 360 into one of the audio jack until it works, but like I said make sure you mute the mic in, and unmute line in. It will give you the best audio quality

1 - 12 of 12 Posts