Overclock.net banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
In a van...DOWNBYTHERIVER
3,590 Posts
I wouldn't advise getting a cheap one, I got the official one for myself a while back, and then a cheap one online and it was terrible quality. Very light and you could just feel the cheapness.

(Also, as said above, the official one comes with a RCA to 3.5mm converter.)

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I figured i would bump this thread and mention that i decided to take Juggalo's advice in the first post and order my stuff from monoprice

Sadly i received cable that looked cosmetically great and really excited me and got me ready for some crisp clean gaming on my spare monitors but sadly it just wasn't meant to be and the picture quality is unplayable with overscan and blur

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2'

I picked it up and its obvious the cable has issues and not my setup...i had these same issues back when i was using some really trashy VGA cables as well so i was really surprised to see the issues present in this new cable

Kind of like having double vision

Anyways lesson learned

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hy3RiD View Post
LOL. They warned you!

lol i know

I was really surprised though...its not like the cable came bad in transport or anything...how can they actually get by with selling these POS pieces of wire
that obviously don't work

Ahhhhwell i shall just rent one from kmart/target/walmart

·
Registered
290 Posts
That cable pictured in the link is not official Microsoft. If it has that shiny end, it is either old or not official. I got mine off of Newegg for $30, comes with RCA to 3.5 (I use digital optical), would never game without it, worth every penny.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickum32 View Post
That cable pictured in the link is not official Microsoft. If it has that shiny end, it is either old or not official. I got mine off of Newegg for $30, comes with RCA to 3.5 (I use digital optical), would never game without it, worth every penny.
Yeah its definitely not an official cable

Yeah i am content somewhat with the comp. cables for the moment and will pickup a VGA cable soon...shame on me for trying to save a few bucks

·
Registered
451 Posts
I heard you can Cut the HDMI, and re wire it to a VGA core, but idk if it will work cuz VGA is Analog and HDMI is digital

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pwnage of Death View Post
I heard you can Cut the HDMI, and re wire it to a VGA core, but idk if it will work cuz VGA is Analog and HDMI is digital
At the end of the day both cables are just wires that are shielded so it may be possible. The signal passed through those wires is different, but they are both just wires.

No idea if its possible.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by JDMfanatic View Post
Yeah, I tried to get a cheap VGA cable too, it looked fine on 640x480 but when you went up any further it looked like a PoS. Spent 15 for a used/open box or something one that was official MS from eBay. Works like a charm.
Yea i should start looking around my area for one...hopefully a gamespot or similar store can help me out without the cable costing me an arm and a leg

If it comes to it i may look on ebay though (thanks for the idea)

Quote:

Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
At the end of the day both cables are just wires that are shielded so it may be possible. The signal passed through those wires is different, but they are both just wires.

No idea if its possible.
Yea and i am not in the scientific mood to go splicing and searching and soldering and injuring myself

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.