Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an AL2216W and when I plug the 360 into it via the VGA port it displays no image on the screen, but audio works. I was just wondering how you got yours to work, or if anyone out there has ever got it to work with this monitor. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
841 Posts
i think there is an option in the menu you have to change, from Digital to Analog

·
Banned
5,411 Posts
VGA doesn't carry an audio signal, at least not the VGA hookup that you can buy for the 360.

It's probably because the resolution is too high for the monitor. Try plugging it into your normal setup, and setting it to 480P, or the lowest resolution you can.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo23451 View Post
you might have to adjust the resolution before you hook up to the monitor. That is what did when I had mine.
QFT I had to do the same thing when i went from and LCD to CRT.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't have an HDTV to preset the resolution setting on the 360 to something that will work with the monitor, the resolution options are not even available on a normal TV. Shouldn't the 360 display something on the monitor anyway though? It just shows "No Signal."

And the monitor resolution is not changeable through the monitor's menu, I'm guessing it just stays at it's native 1680x1050.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am using the Xbox 360 VGA cable. I'm starting to think this cable is defective honestly. Even if all the settings were off and such it probably shouldn't show No Signal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts