Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just got off the phone with Xbox LIVE Billing support where I spoke to a very nice woman named Ann. I had a problem with them auto-renewing my previous 3-month prescription after I had already purchased a 12-month subscription. Anyway, that got sorted out and she told me something pretty interesting that I haven't heard of before.

She explained to me that I am eligible for an Xbox Live Loyalty Discount. Basically, if you have been a member of Xbox LIVE for 2 or more years, you get 40% off your 1-year Xbox LIVE subscription. She gave me a discount on top of that for my hassles, so she ended up refunding the 3-month charge along with a $17 refund off my 1-year membership, which brings my 1-year payed total to $23 and some change.

So if you have your 1-year subscription set to auto-renew and you are eligible for the Loyalty Discount, then you will receive 40% off of your future subscription renewals.

Just thought I'd let you guys know.

·
notNOTmbudden
14,432 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by F1ForFrags View Post
So if you have your 1-year subscription set to auto-renew and you are eligible for the Loyalty Discount, then you will receive 40% off of your future subscription renewals.
I've been auto paying every year since it came out. How/Where do you get this discount? It'd be nice to have lol.

·
Premium Member
8,612 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbudden View Post
I've been auto paying every year since it came out. How/Where do you get this discount? It'd be nice to have lol.
same here......i also would like to know

·
Banned
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbudden View Post
You may have to shoot a call to Xbox LIVE Billing support. I'm not sure if they apply this to everyone, or just those who suggest/inquire about it over the phone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlasov_581 View Post
same here......i also would like to know
Above.

I called 1-800-4MYXBOX via Skype in order to speak with her. Very convenient.

·
Banned
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by doat View Post
It seems like they give it to you automatically judging from what the OP said, i sure hope so. Is this a one time thing or yearly? Knowing MS it's probably a one time thing.
The way she explained it, it seems like a yearly thing, but don't necessarily take my word for it.

DOUBLE POST TIEM? AWWWWWWWW YEAH!

·
In a van...DOWNBYTHERIVER
3,589 Posts
Maybe I get something extra special for being a LIVE member for 6 years?

It's pretty lame though, the little number next to my name isn't a 6... I think it was a 2 or 3. I want my number 6 dagumit.

·
Banned
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Madman340 View Post
Maybe I get something extra special for being a LIVE member for 6 years?

It's pretty lame though, the little number next to my name isn't a 6... I think it was a 2 or 3. I want my number 6 dagumit.
Sure you do!

BAM! Assless chaps delivered right to your door!

·
Registered
741 Posts
You guys should definitely give them a call. If it truly auto-applied to everyone eligible, Microsoft wouldn't be making as much money now would they

·
Banned
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by PvtHudson View Post
You guys should definitely give them a call. If it truly auto-applied to everyone eligible, Microsoft wouldn't be making as much money now would they

Too late for that.

·
Dark and Dropped SUV
4,025 Posts
Man, I hope this is auto-applied. Guess I could call them anyways just to make sure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts