Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 xboxs sitting in my room, all broken

Just wondering if you could help me out on two of them.

First xbox problem, the tv won't pick up the picture only the sound. I've tried it on Different tv's and different cables and it stil won't pick it up. So it must be a problem with the xbox. Anyone know of a way of fixing this?

And the second xbox problem is the CD drive. I've read up quite a bit. Is it possible to transfer the Board from a Hitachi Player to a Samsung player?

Cheers for any replies in advance

·
No u
4,133 Posts
for the DVD drive, you can, would involve some "modding", but, just take it apart, clean the "eye" and the gears etc on the DVD drive

·
Registered
132 Posts
For the DVD, I would just try to clean the laser head. I wouldn't mod it because that could lead to the console being banned. The one not picking up the picture, are you using HDMI or component? Are you using HDTV? If so, did you switch the seltector to HD? I don't think that should matter, but worth a try.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive opened it up and got rid of all the dust, didnt do anything. The problem with it is, I put the CD in and you can hear it start to spin but then it just stops and doesnt read it. I'm no expert so I have'nt got a clue whats wrong with it.

As for the one not picking up the picture, no its just standard def. I'm pretty sure I have checked the cables. Could I replace the cable thing in the xbox?

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
First xbox problem, the tv won't pick up the picture only the sound. I've tried it on Different tv's and different cables and it stil won't pick it up. So it must be a problem with the xbox. Anyone know of a way of fixing this?

Have you heard about the ANA chip? It deals with the video portion of the 360. I had mine start to go out. The screen looked all funky. If you search google you can find a penny trick that will apply pressure to it. Try turning it on with the top off and put lots of pressure on it with your thumb. I figured out that's what was wrong with mine. Also about the dvd problem. I dunno but the same 360 with the video problems had the dvd drive problem as well lol. Good luck!!!

EDIT!!! LOOK HERE!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by NeRoToXeN View Post

Have you heard about the ANA chip? It deals with the video portion of the 360. I had mine start to go out. The screen looked all funky. If you search google you can find a penny trick that will apply pressure to it. Try turning it on with the top off and put lots of pressure on it with your thumb. I figured out that's what was wrong with mine. Also about the dvd problem. I dunno but the same 360 with the video problems had the dvd drive problem as well lol. Good luck!!!

EDIT!!! LOOK HERE!
Nope not this

Are there any guides on how to swap a board from a different type of drive to another type of drive?

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
is it possible that on the xbox that has the sound but no audio, the switch on the adaptor is set to HD when its on a standard def tv? I know its sort of a stupid mistake.. but it caught me when i moved... i had accidently flipped the switch and got no video.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts