Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having an issue with the optical drive for my Xbox One. The drive will not read/load games anymore. When I try to load a cd/Blu-ray it is pixelated and choppy.

Before when I was having these issues, I could find a game that I have not recently played, allow it to start loading, before ejecting the game and choosing the game I actually wanted to play, and it worked about 80% of the time. Now even cleaning the disc consecutive times before reinserting it does not work.

My Xbox is long out of warranty. Is there something I can do to fix it myself? If not, where can I take it to, to get it fixed? Do they sell optical drives for the Xbox One that I could connect USB? Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I haven't. How hard is it really to open it? I'm the kind of guy that loves taking things apart, but not too good at putting them back together. Also, I don't really want to break it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wish they would have made it where you could just eject the whole drive easily instead of having to open it. Not really sure how to open it either without damaging it.

·
Overclock Failed...
13,565 Posts
There are plenty UTube videos.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I would just replace the drive as cleaning rarely works or lasts. Replacement drives can be found from third party sellers here:
Newegg
Amazon

Gamestop repairs them with a flat rate plus the part. Check them out as well if you don't want to do it yourself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts