Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have had my xbox for a year now n every time i play a game or go it the dashboard it locks up or lags really bad u guys think there is any way to fix it

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Lagging and freezing sound like a heat problem. Make sure that your XBox is in a well ventilated area. Also, make sure that your XBox is relatively free of dust. If you look at the back of the box, make sure there isn't a bunch of dust collected on the fan grill. If there is, then there is plenty inside your XBox as well.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys i'll try that tonight and get back to u guys thanks but i don't think its that but anything is wroth a shot to fix it

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Thr light on the will go orange and green when the av multi out is disconnected, I have never come across an xbox that has overheated so it could be that

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i think its the hdd it still doesn't but every now n then

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
didn't work

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
does any 1 got any ideas on how to fix this problem any 1 at all i don't want to replace it

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Mod chips and a new HDD doesn't have to be the answer. If you do go that route though, make sure you don't use a larger HDD if you want to play XBox Live unless you know where to hide the extra space.

If all else fails, you can sell it to EBGames or somewhere else and use that money to get a different one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts