Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, I have what some would think to be a stupid question, but a lot of this stuff is way over my head. I would greatly appreciate any help on the following issue, and thank anyone in advance for helping me.

I am currently using an Acer H233H Monitor with the following devices. Into the DVI Input, I am running my computer. Into the HDMI Input, I am running an Xbox 360. I plan on running an additional Xbox 360 onto this same monitor but I feel there will be some problems getting my audio to work. I plan on getting the Microsoft RCA to VGA converting cable, and running my 2nd xbox into the VGA Input. I looked at the microsoft converting cable and it seems it still has the Red and White RCA Cables. Please be kind, like I said a lot of this is foreign to me. I believe those are still the audio cables, correct? Since my Acer H233H Monitor does not have RCA Inputs, is there any way I can incorporate sound to work while using my 2nd Xbox360 through the monitor.

I am looking to stay away from buying a receiver, so does anyone know a solution that would be some-what kind to my wallet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I use the Microsoft VGA adapter and it has a 3.5mm stereo jack. If yours doesn't for whatever reason you can buy a RCA to 3.5mm stereo adapter.

Easy way to plug the audio into a receiver would be to use a TOSLINK optical cable. The VGA plug adds the toslink socket to the back a 6 ft. cable is .01 cents on Amazon plus $2 shipping.

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by WarlordOne
View Post

I use the Microsoft VGA adapter and it has a 3.5mm stereo jack. If yours doesn't for whatever reason you can buy a RCA to 3.5mm stereo adapter.

Easy way to plug the audio into a receiver would be to use a TOSLINK optical cable. The VGA plug adds the toslink socket to the back a 6 ft. cable is .01 cents on Amazon plus $2 shipping.

Thank you, sir!

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
You can always use headphones. I just got the Turtle Beach Ear Force X1's to use at lan parties when I use my vga cable. it comes with the adpters, and also includes a headphone amp as well as a mic that plugs into the controller. The X1's are wired, but contains a 18foot cable, the X3 and X4 series are wireless.
X1's will run about $60US. X31's $99, and X41's $179 I think.

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm... That is always an option. I have heard that Turtle Beach headsets are really great, but could they truly compare to an actual speaker set. Granted my speakers are just mediocre at best. 2 speakers and a sub. How good are the Turtle Beach headsets actually?

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really. I mean I guess with the technology out today that makes sense, I just coulnd't imagine headphones being better than true speakers. Do the headphones give the illusion of bass (like while firing a gun in MW2)

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankRago
View Post

Really. I mean I guess with the technology out today that makes sense, I just coulnd't imagine headphones being better than true speakers. Do the headphones give the illusion of bass (like while firing a gun in MW2)

Some better than others. The Turtle Beach x41's have a bass boost function and 50mm drivers. The amount of bass they can deliver is borderline excessive.

The sound is better because it starts with an empty sound stage. Speakers have to compete with ambient noises and room composition. So no matter how loud you turn up your speakers or how close you are to them you're still missing a lot. I was surprised how much more you can hear, even with just the $49 Tritton AX 180s. The first thing I noticed was how clear footsteps became. I could just hear is anyone was moving around me.

You should try a pair and see what you think. Best Buy hasn't given me any problems returning any of the ones I've tried.

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

View Post

Some better than others. The Turtle Beach x41's have a bass boost function and 50mm drivers. The amount of bass they can deliver is borderline excessive.

The sound is better because it starts with an empty sound stage. Speakers have to compete with ambient noises and room composition. So no matter how loud you turn up your speakers or how close you are to them you're still missing a lot. I was surprised how much more you can hear, even with just the $49 Tritton AX 180s. The first thing I noticed was how clear footsteps became. I could just hear is anyone was moving around me.

You should try a pair and see what you think. Best Buy hasn't given me any problems returning any of the ones I've tried.

So your recommendation would be the Tritton AX 180s? Also, can I use these as my xbox live headset, I think I heard or read somewhere that they have a microphone too.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
My recommendation would be based on your needs and budget. If you want a stereo gaming headset with a budget minded price I would say that the Turtle Beach X1s or the Tritton AX 180s. The X1 would be my preference at that price range for being slightly more comfortable, having a sturdier mic, and a bass boost function.

Yes they also function as a headset communicator.

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

View Post

My recommendation would be based on your needs and budget. If you want a stereo gaming headset with a budget minded price I would say that the Turtle Beach X1s or the Tritton AX 180s. The X1 would be my preference at that price range for being slightly more comfortable, having a sturdier mic, and a bass boost function.

Yes they also function as a headset communicator.

Thanks a lot for the input man! Maybe I'll make my girlfriend get me a set of these for XMas

1 - 11 of 11 Posts