Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Too bad versus is so incredibly, mind numbingly, wrist cuttingly, face piercingly, wear-a-black-bedsheet-out-in-public-and-draw-tears-on-your-face-in-eyeliner awful.
Versus is only terrible because of the hit registration, map exploits, warping anomalies, auto-aim with the infected, quickswitch exploit, 'glass' infected, tank toss exploit, unhittable witch and dare I say: the sniper rifle.

Maybe this will breathe some new life into this game. I'm certainly getting tired of waiting for new content.

·
Premium Member
16,928 Posts
can't wait. hopefully the newbs will have learnt to play

·
Banned
614 Posts
Oh man can't wait.

Is this free or paid? For the PC version at least..

FPS with a controller is like driving a car with horse reins - pull left to steer left!

·
Premium Member
8,373 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacre View Post
Oh man can't wait.

Is this free or paid? For the PC version at least..

FPS with a controller is like driving a car with horse reins - pull left to steer left!
free for both the PC and 360 from what I've heard.

I also heard that M$ wasn't too happy about how valve wanted it to be free on the 360. However that could just be a rumor.

·
Administrator
64,454 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
free for both the PC and 360 from what I've heard.

I also heard that M$ wasn't too happy about how valve wanted it to be free on the 360. However that could just be a rumor.
Of course there not. They want more Money.

Valve= Fair Minded
MS= Huge corporation and as such wants more money.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm really pumped about getting this update, howevarrr, it's a shame that they're not really bringing anything original into it. Sure, they've now made the other two available campaigns supported in Versus iswell as that extra game mode. However, I want moar.

But what do you expect for something that's free eh eh eh?

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Murderous Moppet
View Post

Too bad versus is so incredibly, mind numbingly, wrist cuttingly, face piercingly, wear-a-black-bedsheet-out-in-public-and-draw-tears-on-your-face-in-eyeliner awful.
Versus is only terrible because of the hit registration, map exploits, warping anomalies, auto-aim with the infected, quickswitch exploit, 'glass' infected, tank toss exploit, unhittable witch and dare I say: the sniper rifle.

Maybe this will breathe some new life into this game. I'm certainly getting tired of waiting for new content.

I think I know what you mean regarding map exploits, "glass infected" and unhittable witch, but the others I've not heard of. Maybe quickswitch is switching to spectators then back? but I though they fixed these things? No idea what "tank toss" is...are you playing on PC or xbox?

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Call me crazy, but I am still pretty disappointed that we will only have 4 maps to play on even after the update.

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by killnine View Post
Call me crazy, but I am still pretty disappointed that we will only have 4 maps to play on even after the update.
I think it leaves room for improvement, yes.. but the update also brings out the SDK. That, by itself, will open up doors for much more in the way of new maps.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by trogalicious View Post
I think it leaves room for improvement, yes.. but the update also brings out the SDK. That, by itself, will open up doors for much more in the way of new maps.
True, true. But I think anyone with experience in previous mod communities can vouch that 99% of custom maps are absolute garbage.

Valve has done an awesome job with 4 GREAT maps that are a lot of fun, but more content should have been in the game from day one. Six months later, we are really just playing what should have been the release game.

I am only really looking forward to Darth Brush's map. And we have no idea how long it will take people to USE the SDK to make anything worthwhile.

People have this notion that as soon as the SDK is out, there will be good maps. People need to learn the ins and outs of the SDK, and actually MAKE something decent, so we (at a minimum imho) are looking at a month wait for anything to come outta the map-mill.

Bleh....maybe I am just jaded.

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Murderous Moppet View Post

What are you talking about?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryboto View Post
I think I know what you mean regarding map exploits, "glass infected" and unhittable witch, but the others I've not heard of. Maybe quickswitch is switching to spectators then back? but I though they fixed these things? No idea what "tank toss" is...are you playing on PC or xbox?
I think he's talking about the wall glitch where the Tank can throw rocks through the wall.

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
Quote:

True, true. But I think anyone with experience in previous mod communities can vouch that 99% of custom maps are absolute garbage.
I dunno, I've had a lot of fun on some of the BF2 mods. POE/Project Reality, etc. Had fun back in the SOF2 days. I'll agree that a lot (40%) of custom maps are garbage. Another 30% of the maps are just okay, but could use some tweaking. That leaves us with the remaining 30% that could be a lot of fun.

Quote:

Valve has done an awesome job with 4 GREAT maps that are a lot of fun, but more content should have been in the game from day one. Six months later, we are really just playing what should have been the release game.
100% agreement. Absolutely so. Thing is, I'd rather wait for Valve to bring it out once.. and do it right... than to be dealing with EA; who is still working out patches for BF2.

Quote:

People have this notion that as soon as the SDK is out, there will be good maps. People need to learn the ins and outs of the SDK, and actually MAKE something decent, so we (at a minimum imho) are looking at a month wait for anything to come outta the map-mill.
Nah, but it'll give all of the modders/developers/mappers a start. There's little-to-no way that someone will churn out a great map in an afternoon or even a few weeks. Just think, though, of all the shopping malls, apartment complexes, and other scenarios that will be done right. It's worth an extra month, for me, to wait around for that.

Quote:

Bleh....maybe I am just jaded.
Nah, c'mon now, you're being hard on yourself... right? Have a coke.

·
QA Engineer
3,016 Posts
Is it only one map? The screenies only show one place.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts