Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, after being up all night switching computer cases, everything is running perfect expect my x-fi and z5500's. My left rear speaker and my sub is the only sound i have as of now, I did reseat the card and still having the same problem, I'm stumped and I don't know what else to do.

Anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just tried reinstalling the driver. It's coming from the center speaker and sub on regular 2.1 and When I change it to 5.1 it goes back to the left rear speaker and sub.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
How do you have it connected, 3-wire direct?, coax?, optical?

And what setting is the console set to (input). Remember that there's a switch in the back that has to be set for the 6 channel input.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Also you got to squeeze the plugs at the back of the console (if you are using 3.5 jacks) a little extra to get it in properly. They're pretty tight. . .

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just checked all my connections and still nothing. Even after messing around with the z5500 console still nothing, the sound will now go in and out on it's own.

·
Registered
13 Posts
try green only, set the direct input switch at the back of the console to 2 channel and test some music on pro-logic. If it seems fine, set switch back to multi in and test orange (only) for center and sub (via your audio console). If that works, then test black for the rear left and right. . .

Simple process of elimination usually does the trick

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok i'm going to bump this again, still having problems.

I'm only get sound on 6ch direct only, nothing else. I'm not sure what else to do. I've reinstalled/reseated the card way to may times, i know i have it hooked up right. And even on the 6ch direct im not getting sound through all my speakers. Also when i rest the speakers out in windows they are out of order(center is left speaker and so on)..

Would anyone know what else i could do?
Thanks

·
Taking it Easy
4,114 Posts
6ch direct is all you're going to get unless you have them hooked up through optical or coax.

Also, try switching your sub/center and front channel wires.

If you still have problems use these drivers.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaronman
View Post

6ch direct is all you're going to get unless you have them hooked up through optical or coax.

Also, try switching your sub/center and front channel wires.

If you still have problems use these drivers.

I used to have full surround in the PLII music and never had a problem with it.
Now it's only coming from the rear left+sub.

6ch direct is still not working(tried hooking them up the "wrong" way and the correct way and still no chance. front right speaker isn't working still.

·
Taking it Easy
4,114 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by unknownSCL
View Post

I used to have full surround in the PLII music and never had a problem with it.
Now it's only coming from the rear left+sub.

6ch direct is still not working(tried hooking them up the "wrong" way and the correct way and still no chance. front right speaker isn't working still.

In PLII you will never have true surround sound though - you will only have emulated/expanded surround sound from stereo sources.

That's a bummer though. Try just hooking up an ipod or something like that to the front channel and make sure your speakers are working correctly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts