Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
It's been atleast 1 year since i've bought an XFX 4770 HD gfx card.
I havent been using it for awhile (it has been stashed in it's box for few months) because i was saving it for a friend.
However , when I tried to plug it in today it did NOT work!
The fan is spinning , but the LCD is showing nothing! Tried on my friend's pc and he gets the same thing. What happened back in the box? Why is it not working all the sudden? :S

·
Registered
541 Posts
XFX Warranty

If you registered within 30 days, it's a double-lifetime warranty. If you didn't and it hasn't been two years, you're still covered. Food for thought.
smile.gif

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Got too hot and melted solder points possibly? Should still be under warranty, try sending it in, they probably ran out of stock by now and will offer you something better...

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
You stuck it in your main system?

ATI/AMD reqs are a 450W PSU

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCOC;12998708
You stuck it in your main system?

ATI/AMD reqs are a 450W PSU
^^this and or did you connect the 6pci power

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
ima go with aged caps so your 400W wont run it anymore.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I connected everything , it worked before there's no reason for it not to work now!
"*Double Lifetime Protection only available in North America (United States and Canada)."
I'm not from US or Canada , i'm from Croatia and I doubt that XFX thing works here.
I don't have the bill from it so i don't have the warranty anymore , cant change it. Any alternative solutions? Atleast on how to test what's wrong with the card?
EDIT: Oh and my friend has 600 W PSU , won't work there either!

·
Master of Black Snow
19,338 Posts
I doubt 400 Watts is gonna power it if that's what you used.
wink.gif

Hmmmm, just noticed the GPU in your Sig Rig is a 4670. I doubt the power needs would increase that much from one to the other. You should be able to RMA is so long as you registered the product within its 30 day time limit.
mellowsmiley.gif

~Ceadder:drink:

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobi;12998772
I connected everything , it worked before there's no reason for it not to work now!
"*Double Lifetime Protection only available in North America (United States and Canada)."
I'm not from US or Canada , i'm from Croatia and I doubt that XFX thing works here.
I don't have the bill from it so i don't have the warranty anymore , cant change it. Any alternative solutions? Atleast on how to test what's wrong with the card?
EDIT: Oh and my friend has 600 W PSU , won't work there either!
Your 400W PSU is to week now, its prob fine, but dont sell it on ebay, if its a friend, then ship it.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can't RMA it because i didnt register it within 30 days of purchase
And my PSU is not weak for this card , i've used it before and it worked.
Like I said , tried on my friends 600W psu , so that's not the issue!

·
Master of Black Snow
19,338 Posts
Sorry the only thing I got for ya is that maybe you didn't connect the PCI-e Cable or not fully seated. Cause whenever I leave my brain on the jon I've forgotten to connect up and got the exact same thing happen with my 5770. Once I even connected it powered it up it worked fine had to power down cause I didn't like the way it was routed. Disconnected and noticed my Optical drive wasn't connected which sidetracked me. I locked the cabinet back up and no picture.
doh.gif

Might be something similar has happened to you with the 4770?
mellowsmiley.gif

~Ceadder:drink:

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruckol1;12998718
ah, I remember those bad boys in crossfire were the ****. for about a month
4770 and 4830 were yes. I had crossfire 4830's and tri fire 4770's at one time. I miss them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts