Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to get an XFX 4870 used. Do both the seller and buyer have to coordinate in order to get the 'double lifetime' warranty transferred?

Also, where is the best place to look for this card? (sorry a little OT) I'm pretty wary of eBay and didn't find anything remotely close to a good part-seller on craigslist. I'm trying to keep checking OCN but it's pretty slow going to look for such a specific card.

·
Premium Member
3,883 Posts
ebay or OCN is your best bet... help out a bit more around here and you'll be able to post a Wanted thread in the marketplace. That aside, I believe you have to get the warranty transferred over on XFX's site. IMO, you'd be better off just buying whatever brand is cheapest - once it's known to not be DoA, chances of anything going wrong with it are pretty slim unless you abuse it.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by killa_concept View Post
ebay or OCN is your best bet... help out a bit more around here and you'll be able to post a Wanted thread in the marketplace. That aside, I believe you have to get the warranty transferred over on XFX's site. IMO, you'd be better off just buying whatever brand is cheapest - once it's known to not be DoA, chances of anything going wrong with it are pretty slim unless you abuse it.
Ok. Do you know if buyer AND seller have to coordinate? Or just one person has to go in for the registration?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts