Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive tried almost every way to increase the voltage on my 4890, and none seem to work. Ive tried rivertuner, EVGA voltage tuner.. neither of which work. Am I missing a program or a way that will let me do this? If so, please share it. I would like to get my overclock higher.

Chris

·
Banned
4,814 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tlxxxsracer
View Post

already have tried MSI afterburner, its like grayed our for the voltage increase.
what do you mean by non-reference design??

XFX uses a different PCB design on some of their models.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PCB? sorry, kinda new to this... So was it unwise to go with the XFX then?
is there any way to change it in the startup BIOS? there a work-around to this?

Im running windows 7 x64, if that makes a difference. Ive tried gputool, but there was an error

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
If you do a search on here, there is a thread that lists what models from XFX are reference and non-reference. That will tell you if you can use the basic tools to mod the voltage, or if you need to go some other means.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I have the exact same card. I tried them all. Nothing worked. Not a big deal, I guess. I still got a decent OC out of it and I'm still really impressed with how well it works in gaming.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by G|F.E.A.D|Killa
View Post

use GPUtool. i used it for all 3 of my 4890s when i had them.

I find GPUtool to be very unstable. Even if i OC 20MHz with it my screen starts flickering and low FPS in game.

Attached is what i use to give more volts. 1.40 gets me 1GHz core.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Thats an interesting tool. Homemade? Does it keep the settings upon startup?

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mxthunder
View Post

Thats an interesting tool. Homemade? Does it keep the settings upon startup?

Nah i found it somewhere on the interwebs ages ago lol. And no it doesn't keep the settings upon startup
but I've got used to it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I think you can easily let it autorun at startup and delete everything except the voltage command of your choice from the batch file. This way it just executes the command you want.

It seems this tool just sends a command to rivatuner though.. wonder if it works.

·
Registered
213 Posts
There are no dumb questions.

Unrar it with (for example) winrar, inside are two files. One for 32 bit operating systems, and one for 64 bit.
Just double click the the file which corresponds to your operating system and it opens in a DOS box.

Oh and could you fill out your system specs (http://www.overclock.net/specs.php) that way I would know what operating system you have and everyone could easily tell you which file (32 or 64 bit) you need.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts