Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all,

i have xfx 5970 2gb BE, asus formula 4 crosshair, amd phenom 2 x6 1090t BE..
when i install new drivers like 10.5/10.6 when reboot and start windows it became to black and crash, i cant log w7. when i install cd drivers from xfx box BE works all, why doesnt work with another drivers? what i need for that works?

PD: i use w7 64bits, no overclock, nothing anormal...

hopes see answer about fix that. very thanks!
see ya
carlos

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

have u changed from a diff graphics card?

is this a new fresh installation?

10.6 was a fail, 10.5 were crap for me too, try 10.4's

no, i buyed all new, fresh instalation. 10.4 i also tried. no works. im using old driver from cd i think 9.5 or something (im at work, pc is in my home). anyway in home i will see.
thanks dude

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

are you able to boot into safe mode?

safe mode for install new drivers? safe mode works me yes but that is not normal windows, starting normal windows ---> crash. anyway what u mean about safe mode?
thx again

·
Registered
736 Posts
Are you sure that you downloaded the drivers for the correct operative system? Go to control panel and uninstall everything by ATI. Reboot into Safe-mode (F8) and start Driver Sweeper (download and install it with a shortcut on desktop before uninstalling and going into safemode). Choose to sweepe ATI drivers and click ok or what it says. Reboot normal and install correct ATI drivers again. Remember that you should install x64 bit only if you got x64 Windows.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Are you sure that you downloaded the drivers for the correct operative system? Go to control panel and uninstall everything by ATI. Reboot into Safe-mode (F8) and start Driver Sweeper (download and install it with a shortcut on desktop before uninstalling and going into safemode). Choose to sweepe ATI drivers and click ok or what it says. Reboot normal and install correct ATI drivers again. Remember that you should install x64 bit only if you got x64 Windows.

i installed w7 64bit new fresh , then installed 10.5 drivers for w7 64 sure. that does matter about going safe mode, driver sweeper, uninstall and install again??

·
Premium Member
3,538 Posts
just press F8 when u going to windows 7 loading screen..then click Repair my Computer...
and simply restore it..it will be fine after that..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

just press F8 when u going to windows 7 loading screen..then click Repair my Computer...
and simply restore it..it will be fine after that..

i know this, i did that for install old drivers from cd for works fine. BUT i want new drivers hehe. thx anyway ^^

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
i already have this problem with my 5750vapor-x the problem happens when you clean all your VGA driver before instaling dont do that or if you have another Graphic card from ati i propose you put in your case and it will work with the new driver and then your putting your 5970 HD try this
sorry for my english

·
Premium Member
3,538 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by poltia
View Post

i know this, i did that for install old drivers from cd for works fine. BUT i want new drivers hehe. thx anyway ^^

after repair..
then it will reinstall the old driver..after boot into the windows, after finish it will maybe ask for reboot..ignore it.
just go and download the new 10.6 driver.
https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206...dd_ccc_enu.exe

then install the new CCC 10.6
after finish then restart.try that

·
Registered
736 Posts
Or do this:
Download Driver Sweeper from Guru3D and 10.6 drivers from ATI. Start in safe mode and uninstall drivers. Then use driver sweeper to clean the rests. Try to boot in normal mode. Install 10.6.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

Download Driver Sweeper from Guru3D and 10.6 drivers from ATI. Start in safe mode and uninstall drivers. Then use driver sweeper to clean the rests. Try to boot in normal mode. Install 10.6.

my ask now is:
" its that better than install 10.6 when is installed w7 a new fresh copy? because i did that, when i install w7 first of all i install 10.6 (was first time i did, later i gone to 10.5,10.4, around various instaled w7) removing drivers with driver sweeper does matter if is clean windows7? well im some confused hehe. in home ill try that driver sweeper.
thx dude

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hi again,
i tried to install the drivers since 10.2 to 10.6 and still not works :/. here is how i do:

1)safe mode --> with driver sweep removing all ati drivers (clean), reboot.
2)uninstall all catalysm, reboot.
3)install driver example 10.6, installed, reboot.
4)rebooting ---> starting windows logo , when is finalized animation its freeze and crashed.

then, i go again safe mode and uninstall all catalysm, install cd driver of xfx 5970 (the cd of box), this works fine.... ***. what is the problem???

Im sure its drivers downloaded as desktop driver-->raedon hd series --> raedon 5xxxx series ---> windows 7 64 bits.

someone got same graphic card (xfx raedon hd 5970 2gb) working with 10.6?
thanks !
greetings

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
someone have xfx 5970 with asus formula iv crosshair working with drivers 10.* ? (10.1 to 10.6).
maybe i need update MB bios for work it? i cant find forum about solution of that
, maybe RMA... changing to asus 5970 or dual gtx 480..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts