Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i checked out this link

http://www.my630i.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4280

i am in the same dilemma, i was trying to oc my e6420 to 3ghz, and my games consistently freezes, i saw my dram:fsb and i think that is the problem. normal is 3:2, after oc it became 16:15, now i dont know how to get my dram:fsb back to normal with my proc overclocked, and what settings in bios would i set..

my ram btw is 4gb corsair dhx xms2 ddr2 800 thank you

with oc

with no oc

thank you in advance, please help me im really searching the net for more than 10 hours now with no luck

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
a 1:1 ratio would be great, i just want to have the settings right for the rams, im freezing a lot in all the games i played.

·
The Computer Guy
6,488 Posts
please be patient,someone will help you soon.and it would help if u enter your pc specs. in the OCN user control panel,under add system.
BTW,welcome to OCN forums,enjoy your stay.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
If you're using software to overclock you should really consider just using the bios. Your XFX board should have a setting in the bios near where your FSB speed is listed that allows you to change the memory ratios.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey i got my dram:fsb ratio 1:1 just this minute, changed my memory clock to 750, from 800. i told my brother to test in in starcraft 2. i didnt raised any voltage

@amoco - thanks man, but im sorry im totally new here, can you point out the link on where i can put it?

@paris-i changed it in bios... my fsb is 1500 and my memory clock from 800, i changed it to 750, now got a 1:1 ratio, ill test it the whole evening (its 7:05 here)... now im clocked at 3.0ghz, do i need a raised voltage? im currently idle at 38~43c

Processor: Intel C2D [email protected] (oc'd to 3.0GHz)
CPU Cooling: Prolimatech Megahalems Rev. B.
Motherboard: XFX nForce 750i SLI
Memory: 2X2GB Corsair DHX XMS2 DDR2 800
Casing: Thermaltake V3
PSU: Corsair HX650W
HD: Seagate Barracuda 250GB (Primary), 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 (Secondary)

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Look at the top bar on the website hit User CP, then look at the right hand menu and scroll half way down till you see "Add System"

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@vparis - im sorry men, but the xfx 750i sli has no option to set the fsb:memory ratio in bios. you must do all of it manually, which really give me headaches

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I think what you're doing wrong is you need to Link and Sync your Ram/FSB that way it maintains a 1:1 whenever you raise the FSB.

Whaa?

So there's no way to make it automatically keep a 1:1 ratio???

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the bios settings look like these. (this is not my pc
)

this is the only one you can use to modify ram and processor clock settings, no other else (cell menu)

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Well have you tried running programs such as Real Temp to see what temperatures you're running at, you should be doing that anyway?

Why does your CPU voltage say 0v in the bios menu?

From the looks of it I don't think cooling is a problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts