Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

This weekend I bought an XFX 750w Black Edition and I saw few reviews on google and all give this PSU a 10/10 (Except on design, but I love the design
).

This PSU so far is very cool and silent, way more than my old Corsair TX650, but I have a question...

Why doesn't anyone ever made a thread on this forum about it? I heard the XFX rma support is pretty bad and I am scared, but as long as it doesn't fail...

What do you guys think about the PSU?

·
Goddess of Misfortune
3,246 Posts
I've been scared about the RMA support lately as well, especially with all of this drama going on about it in the past few months.

I'd say you got a great PSU. I have the 650W XXX Edition and I love it. I paid $100 for mine, but I still think I got a great PSU.

·
Premium Member
16,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by AuraNova View Post
I've been scared about the RMA support lately as well, especially with all of this drama going on about it in the past few months.

I'd say you got a great PSU. I have the 650W XXX Edition and I love it. I paid $100 for mine, but I still think I got a great PSU.
Hehe thanks, they actually perform great and I love the design, this is how it looks on my HAF 932:

I love it, my only concern is RMA support.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8ight View Post
XFX makes good PSUs. I wouldn't worry, you'll replace it before it dies.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
16,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

I remember people talking about how they hate the fan color (green version). Mine faces down, so no one would ever see it anyway. LOL
Ah ye! I also have mine facing down on my HAF 932 and I still love the PSU

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Quote:

XFX makes brands and markets good PSUs. I wouldn't worry, you'll replace it before it dies.
There ya go.

Yeah, the units that are used for the XFX supplies are quality units like everyone is saying.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
One of the greatest PSU's in market

·
Premium Member
16,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

If I remember correctly, aren't these Seasonic PSUs?
Yes, according to jonnyguru's review they're Seasonic PSU's.

May I ask, is ur PSU XXX version? Mine just says XFX 750w Black Edition, it does not show XXX anywhere, what's difference?

Quote:

Originally Posted by supra_rz View Post
One of the greatest PSU's in market
Good to hear, I am glad I bought it

·
PC Evangelist
46,946 Posts
Its a good PSU so its not going to fail any time soon.

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

XFX makes good PSUs.
Psst, XFX doesn't make 'em

·
Premium Member
16,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was getting scared it wouldn't be a good PSU since I never seen another user on this forum with exact same PSU a mine

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kcuestag View Post
I was getting scared it wouldn't be a good PSU since I never seen another user on this forum with exact same PSU a mine

Relax, it's a beast. They haven't really had any good sales until recently, but I've been seeing some good rebates/online deals lately on them. I think you'll see them around here a lot more in the future.

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
750W and 850W are SeaSonic M12D power supplies. On par with the Corsair HX750 and HX850 (which are CWT DSG). Very high end units with VRM regulation for the +5V and +3.3V. The 650W is a modification of the SeaSonic S12 platform, using modified leftover PC Power & Cooling 610W PCBs. It has some issues with crossloading, but nothing major and still a decent performer.

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
I own the 850W

I dont think many people get the 750W because there like only £10 less than the 850W (last time i seen it anyway)

Say if this psu were £85 it may be a insta buy for quite a few people.

Also my old Thermaltake 600W toughpower is made by CWT and i think i have had that for about 2 years now still strong got it for £60 now its £90 D:

·
Banned
2,309 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kcuestag
View Post

Hehe thanks, they actually perform great and I love the design, this is how it looks on my HAF 932:

I love it, my only concern is RMA support.

Thanks.

NIce rig brother, but those fans look awfully outta place. Horrible color.

·
Premium Member
16,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:

Originally Posted by SadSoul
View Post

NIce rig brother, but those fans look awfully outta place. Horrible color.

Yeah, I am planning to replace them at the end of the month for some Gentle Typhoon 1850RPM or maybe some Noiseblockers, don't know yet

·
Premium Member
3,261 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kcuestag View Post
Yes, according to jonnyguru's review they're Seasonic PSU's.

May I ask, is ur PSU XXX version? Mine just says XFX 750w Black Edition, it does not show XXX anywhere, what's difference?

i can tell you but are you over 18 ?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts