Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I surfed the forums and couldn't found a thousand posts about cooling, but not many for SLI.

I'm running 2 XFX 7600gt's on SLI and the stock fans are not cutting it anymore. Im running 65c idle and after 5 minutes of Halo 2 my graphics but out totally. When I close I find they're running about 110-120c. YIKES!

Anyway, obviously I'm in dire need to rid myself of these sub-par cooling devices. What are some quality after market fans that are compatible with SLI?

Any help is much appreciated. =)

·
Registered
75 Posts
A couple of tricks for you, You can mod the bios through NiBiTor and dramatically up the Fan speed. I would reccomend putting in one of those PCI slot fans. I will post a how to for the bios mod soon but right now I am paying .35 euros a minute at the Hilton near CDG about to fly back to the states. good luck and don't overclock or let your cards burn.

P.S. I run a xfx7600gt aswell, I pushed mine like hell and hit 1Ghz, If you want I can send you the modded bios with a list of changes?

Good Luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaius J
View Post

A couple of tricks for you, You can mod the bios through NiBiTor and dramatically up the Fan speed. I would reccomend putting in one of those PCI slot fans. I will post a how to for the bios mod soon but right now I am paying .35 euros a minute at the Hilton near CDG about to fly back to the states. good luck and don't overclock or let your cards burn.

P.S. I run a xfx7600gt aswell, I pushed mine like hell and hit 1Ghz, If you want I can send you the modded bios with a list of changes?

Good Luck

I could use some help too, If u are willing

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
you could use 2 of these.......if there is enough room that is, i used an vf700 myself on the top card when running sli (when i still had 2 7600GT's)
post a pic of your current setup.......
Edit: hmmm NVM.... thread revival lol

http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/view.asp?idx=192

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAUBAU
View Post

I could use some help too, If u are willing

if you could point out what help you need............then make a thread for it... its less confusing

direct link to new graphic card thread:
http://www.overclock.net/newthread.p...newthread&f=74

1 - 5 of 5 Posts