Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I just ran 3D mark 05 and I got a score like 6800....WTH?!?! Shouldn't it be higher with my specs. I have not OC'd the proccesor and I have barely OCed the 7800 and the score is still that low? Shouldn't it be hitting like 8k????

If I need to overclock my processor to get a lot more out of my score, what do you think I should change (in bios)that will basically assure that my processor is stable w/o days n days of testing. I just don't have time to go through the steps on the OC FAQ's to overclock that sucker. Is there somthing that I can do with this air cooling that will prety much assure me stable clocks so I am just overclocking both the CPU and GPU just by a touch (BTW, I can tell when I start having problems because I am dual screening, and my other screen has everest running in it the whole time)

Any sudgestions....gah damn low

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by klnospicy

whats the score??

6800 or so, cant remember but I remember it was eitehr 66somthign or 68 somthing

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Ya man...try upping your processor. Just set the FSB to 225. It should be stable there. Check it with prime and adjust voltage/ mem timings as necessary. Should be easy though. It is probably just a little bit bottlenecked.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sideburns

Ya man...try upping your processor. Just set the FSB to 225. It should be stable there. Check it with prime and adjust voltage/ mem timings as necessary. Should be easy though. It is probably just a little bit bottlenecked.

I don't think i can up the FSB with this mobo
its locked

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elyaas

I don't think i can up the FSB with this mobo
its locked

Yes, you can. I dono what it's called though. Look for HTT or something...it'll be set at 200 right now. Someone with that mobo should be able to help.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sideburns

Yes, you can. I dono what it's called though. Look for HTT or something...it'll be set at 200 right now. Someone with that mobo should be able to help.

OHH, Ok, Ill check, and Ill check teh FAQ real quick too

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
FSB speed up a little like 225/230 and you should get a higher score
The Key- Higher Bus Speed= Higher Score
* Thats why i score so low in benchmarks, im only at 220

But try that, and maybe get some new drivers from www.guru3d.com

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orange

FSB speed up a little like 225/230 and you should get a higher score
The Key- Higher Bus Speed= Higher Score
* Thats why i score so low in benchmarks, im only at 220

But try that, and maybe get some new drivers from www.guru3d.com

I put the FSB speed to 225 then I set the multiplier at 10x, think thats fine? I may move it up to 11 then run Prime tonight?

EDIT: BTW, I can not get my memmory to go into dual channle if that means much heh :/

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
New score after I changed FSB too 225 and multiplier to 10x GPU is at (500/1.17)..........

7282....Still not as hot as I would like. I saw my GPU hit 68 for a breif moment, but was mostly around 64 *C. My processor was between 32-36 *C. In the first tests I had around 29-40FPS then the ones that go slow I got 1-3 FPS....

Should I move my multiplier to 11x or any other sudgestions??

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Why dont you just change the Affinity

Open your task manager and set 3dMark05 to 1 Core and test again. 05 wasn't made to run with Dual Cores, 3d06 has Dual Core support so you might want to try and just set it to 1 core and that might help

7282 is low for that system, I got 7400 something stock when I fired it up and no OC on any equip

With my current setup (CPU-Z link in my sig) and GPU @ 510MHz I get 8100

·
Registered
676 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elyaas

New score after I changed FSB too 225 and multiplier to 10x GPU is at (500/1.17)..........

7282....Still not as hot as I would like. I saw my GPU hit 68 for a breif moment, but was mostly around 64 *C. My processor was between 32-36 *C. In the first tests I had around 29-40FPS then the ones that go slow I got 1-3 FPS....

Should I move my multiplier to 11x or any other sudgestions??

Doesn't the 3800 only have a multiplier of 10 and below?

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dopin_Nuts

Doesn't the 3800 only have a multiplier of 10 and below?

Found that out. Set the FSB at 235 so 2350... I left the GPU clock the same and.......7824!!! Weee. Leme try setting the afinity, this may be the last test before Prime tonight

BTW, How do I set afinity in Task manager?

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
leave it on dual core. 3DMark 05 does not have any problems with dual core CPUs. a lot of benchmarks show a bit of an increase, but not much. so i'd say just leave it as it is

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobuk

leave it on dual core. 3DMark 05 does not have any problems with dual core CPUs. a lot of benchmarks show a bit of an increase, but not much. so i'd say just leave it as it is

Hmm kk

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyS

with my XFX 7800GT at stock speeds, got 7104.

Well, I got it to 7825 w/o messing with ram at all. clock speed on the CPU now is 2350 and the graphics card I have not really started to push at all. in CS:S with everything on HIGHEST max I am getting 40 *C Mobo, 36 CPU and 54-60 GPU.....think thats fine?

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
yeah those are good temps.

your CPU is good up to 55C, but i wouldn't let it pass 50C for extended use.
your chipset is just fine
and the graphics card is good up to 80C no problem.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobuk

yeah those are good temps.

your CPU is good up to 55C, but i wouldn't let it pass 50C for extended use.
your chipset is just fine
and the graphics card is good up to 80C no problem.

Sweeeeet. I am happy with my FPS in DAOC and CS:S now....so I aint changing it

1 - 20 of 20 Posts