Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
I got my self a couple of 7800 gts in sli. (not oc)

My Score in 3dmark03 : 25400
My score in 3dmark05 : 8800!!!!!!! ( SHOULD BE HIGHER??)
my score in 3dmark06 (free d/l) 6100 :)

I got a raptor disk and a dualcore 830 cpu. 1 gb of corsair xms2 (1 ghz ram)

Everything is watercooled. Shoudnt my 3dmark05 score be higher.. something like 10 000+ Tryed to run 3dmark05 with the oc but then it just crashes.. so.. Anyone have a idea?? Need help any drivers to recomend or settings and so on and so on..

my brother got himself a x1800xt card today.. cant be beeten by that... grr... :)

·
Registered
356 Posts
if everything is watercooled i would advise overclocking a good amount ... make sure you have all the new drivers etc and do you experiance any bad gameplay in any games u play? also go down the screen and download the 81.98 rev1 drivers.. you might also have old drivers and dude.. i score 5300+ on my setup and i dont even have sli yeah somethings screwy.. and with the oc you went to high befor that if you remember those clocks back it down 10 mhz both sides or a bit more and try it again http://www.tweaksrus.com/index.php?o...127&Itemid=41/ " oh yeah i forgot do you have your sli bridge set up on your gpus? and do as he said also"

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Peppe

Hi.
I got my self a couple of 7800 gts in sli. (not oc)

My Score in 3dmark03 : 25400
My score in 3dmark05 : 8800!!!!!!! ( SHOULD BE HIGHER??)
my score in 3dmark06 (free d/l) 4200

I got a raptor disk and a dualcore 830 cpu. 1 gb of corsair xms2 (1 ghz ram)

Everything is watercooled. Shoudnt my 3dmark05 score be higher.. something like 10 000+ Tryed to run 3dmark05 with the oc but then it just crashes.. so.. Anyone have a idea?? Need help any drivers to recomend or settings and so on and so on..

my brother got himself a x1800xt card today.. cant be beeten by that... grr... :)

make sure that you uninstall driver and reinstall it again. Then also make sure that ur doing SLI and not single mode

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by GT!

if everything is watercooled i would advise overclocking a good amount ... make sure you have all the new drivers etc and do you experiance any bad gameplay in any games u play?

going to check it out.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Make sure it's setup in the BIOS, in windows, and it has the bridge on.

I just got a second 7800GT this week as well and my first try at 3dMark05 I got 11810 at stock speeds.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluecow003

Make sure it's setup in the BIOS, in windows, and it has the bridge on.

I just got a second 7800GT this week as well and my first try at 3dMark05 I got 11810 at stock speeds.

What are your settings in 3dmark-05? l

nice score by the way... :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by GT!

if everything is watercooled i would advise overclocking a good amount ... make sure you have all the new drivers etc and do you experiance any bad gameplay in any games u play? also go down the screen and download the 81.98 rev1 drivers.. you might also have old drivers and dude.. i score 5300+ on my setup and i dont even have sli yeah somethings screwy.. and with the oc you went to high befor that if you remember those clocks back it down 10 mhz both sides or a bit more and try it again http://www.tweaksrus.com/index.php?o...127&Itemid=41/ " oh yeah i forgot do you have your sli bridge set up on your gpus? and do as he said also"

Is this anything that i should do? flash my gt cards. and then clean out the drivers, and then install the new ones???

http://www.overclock.net/faqs/70852-...highlight=7800

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
I'm willing to bet that your 3DMark05 score is low because of your video settings in the test. You most likely have AA and AF enabled.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Quote:

What are your settings in 3dmark-05? l

nice score by the way... :)

It's just the free version, so the basic tests.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by GT!

Hi.
Updated with the new drivers. used driver clean to remove the old ones. and then a fresh install. nó better result. slightly higher acctually. 8900 points. ive checked out my delta clock and its 0.. so that cant be the problem. well, oc the cpu to 3,6 ghz and when i ran 3dmark the computer just crashed..
(this with the clock on the gpu to stock). settings in 3dmar05 is:

Res: 1024x768
Antialising: none
filtering: optimal
vs target: 3,0
ps target 3,0
fixed framerate : off

anyone??

·
Registered
490 Posts
Quote:

Hi.
Updated with the new drivers. used driver clean to remove the old ones. and then a fresh install. nó better result. slightly higher acctually. 8900 points. ive checked out my delta clock and its 0.. so that cant be the problem. well, oc the cpu to 3,6 ghz and when i ran 3dmark the computer just crashed..
(this with the clock on the gpu to stock). settings in 3dmar05 is:

Res: 1024x768
Antialising: none
filtering: optimal
vs target: 3,0
ps target 3,0
fixed framerate : off

anyone??

When you turned on your comp for the first time after installing SLI, did a balloon pop up and tell you that it was? If not it's not recognizing SLI. If yes, did you enable SLI in nvidia properties?

Did you flip the jumper card around on your mobo to enable SLI?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evolutionsentra

When you turned on your comp for the first time after installing SLI, did a balloon pop up and tell you that it was? If not it's not recognizing SLI. If yes, did you enable SLI in nvidia properties?

Did you flip the jumper card around on your mobo to enable SLI?

Yea man, everything is enabeled. ez-plug on the mobo. the sli in the bios, and aslo in the nvidia settings in windows. it is enabeled.
and got newest drivers, and so on.. a singel 7800gt scores around 5000 points.. i score 8900 now. so i have more power then one card, but should be higher... where is the bottelneck in my system?? se my spec... im runnning on no oc att all right now..

·
Registered
688 Posts
Wait, your single card only scored 5000 in 3dMark05? That's not right, it should score upper 6000's or lower 7000's at stock speeds. Then the SLI should score in the 11000's at stock. With overclocking, I got a single card over 8000 in 3dMark05.

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sccr64472

I'm willing to bet that your 3DMark05 score is low because of your video settings in the test. You most likely have AA and AF enabled.

Like I said before, I'm pretty sure it's your test settings and not your equipment.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sccr64472

Like I said before, I'm pretty sure it's your test settings and not your equipment.

He posted the settings. It's just doing the default tests and settings. And he reinstalled the drivers, so those settings should be at default too. I don't know what it is.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Simply said its your CPU. In benchmarks they use the BEST processors available and then overclock them to their maximum then test them, so that the graphics cards are not bottlenecked. However at 4 ghz or around there you should hit around 10K in 3dmark 05. If you want just a better score without much overclocking try tightening your ram timings.

EDIT: I notice your running a dual core! Try 3d mark 06 if you want to see your computer's stats in their full potential.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:

Originally Posted by r3tard

Simply said its your CPU. In benchmarks they use the BEST processors available and then overclock them to their maximum then test them, so that the graphics cards are not bottlenecked. However at 4 ghz or around there you should hit around 10K in 3dmark 05. If you want just a better score without much overclocking try tightening your ram timings.

EDIT: I notice your running a dual core! Try 3d mark 06 if you want to see your computer's stats in their full potential.

tryed out 3dmark 06.. :) with my new drivers. scored 6100 pionts... And with no oc att all.. this is fun :) so the problem is then that 3dmark-05 doesnt support dualcore ???

·
Registered
688 Posts
Quote:

tryed out 3dmark 06.. :) with my new drivers. scored 6100 pionts... And with no oc att all.. this is fun :) so the problem is then that 3dmark-05 doesnt support dualcore ???

Well, 05 isn't optimized for dual-core the way that 06 is, but your 05 score is still low. I have a dual-core and SLI and I score a lot higher than you in 05. Have you tried running each card individually? Make sure that both cards are good on their own and not faulty.

BTW, I scored 6773 in 06 the first try with SLI, so you're in the ballpark on that one I guess.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluecow003

Well, 05 isn't optimized for dual-core the way that 06 is, but your 05 score is still low. I have a dual-core and SLI and I score a lot higher than you in 05. Have you tried running each card individually? Make sure that both cards are good on their own and not faulty.

BTW, I scored 6773 in 06 the first try with SLI, so you're in the ballpark on that one I guess.

been tweeking and trying some settings. my result so far:

3dmark 05 10100 points.. finally breaked 10k
3dmark 06 6600 points..

running my cpu @ 3,6 ghz. and the memmory att stock 800.. still would like to run them att 1000 mhz.. but unnfortunally my mb doesnt like that,

1 - 20 of 22 Posts